Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Super Gnome PC Specs
    Super Gnome PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Rampage VI Extreme Omega / ROG Crosshair VIII Formula
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i9-9980XE / AMD 3950x
    Memory (part number)Corsair LPX Vengeance DDR4 2666MHz 128 GB / Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4-3200 32GB DDR4 3200MH
    Graphics Card #1Asus 2080 Turbo / Asus 2080 ti Turbo
    Graphics Card #2Asus 2080 Turbo / Asus 2080 ti Turbo
    MonitorJAPANNEXT JN-VT500UHD 4K 50-inch LCD
    Storage #1Crucial MX500 1 TB / Sabient SB-ROCKET-NVMe4-500
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / ADATA XPG SX5500 Pro 3D NAND NVMe Gen3x4 PCIe M.2
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360 / ROG Ryujin 360
    CaseThermaltake View 71 TG / Thermaltake View 31
    Power SupplyCORSAIR AXi Series, AX1600i 1600 watt / Thermaltake Toughpower iRGB 1200 watt
    Accessory #1 Noctua 140mm 3000 RPM x 4 / Noctua 140 mm 3000 RPM x 2
    Accessory #2 Gigabyte GC-A 2WAY NVLINK RGB (3-slot) / ROG NVLINK Bridge 3-Slot A

Quote Originally Posted by Miky2147 View Post
    Reinstall Windows for only 1 broken program? Unacceptable!
    I have three Asus motherboards. Honestly, you don't need Armoury Crate. Fans can be controlled from the Bios. The rest of it is completely unnecessary bloatware. Also, over time it usually completely messes up your system. Updates stop working, etc etc.

In my experience, you do not install it in the first place. But I have, hoping it was finally going to work properly. Now though, after reinstalling Windows a few times, I have taken the legit advice of others on this forum saying don't install ANY Asus software unless it is absolutely necessary and NEVER install Armoury Crate. Three motherboards later, I completely agree and NEVER install any of it anymore and have never looked back or been happier.

Good luck.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Super Gnome View Post
    I have three Asus motherboards. Honestly, you don't need Armoury Crate. Fans can be controlled from the Bios. The rest of it is completely unnecessary bloatware. Also, over time it usually completely messes up your system. Updates stop working, etc etc.

In my experience, you do not install it in the first place. But I have, hoping it was finally going to work properly. Now though, after reinstalling Windows a few times, I have taken the legit advice of others on this forum saying don't install ANY Asus software unless it is absolutely necessary and NEVER install Armoury Crate. Three motherboards later, I completely agree and NEVER install any of it anymore and have never looked back or been happier.

Good luck.
    Agreed about shouldn't have to reinstall Windows. The problem is installing, uninstalling, reinstalling Armoury messes up Windows so much, that's why they have to recommend it.

I have an RGB build, so I need Armoury Crate to control the lighting. Also it is the only way to access the Ryujin AIO's OLED screen which I like to have set to CPU temp.

So, unfortunately cannot NOT have Armoury. Wish I could!

Super Gnome PC Specs
    Memory (part number)Corsair LPX Vengeance DDR4 2666MHz 128 GB / Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4-3200 32GB DDR4 3200MH
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / ADATA XPG SX5500 Pro 3D NAND NVMe Gen3x4 PCIe M.2
    Power SupplyCORSAIR AXi Series, AX1600i 1600 watt / Thermaltake Toughpower iRGB 1200 watt
    Accessory #2 Gigabyte GC-A 2WAY NVLINK RGB (3-slot) / ROG NVLINK Bridge 3-Slot A

Quote Originally Posted by cindernat View Post
    I have an RGB build, so I need Armoury Crate to control the lighting. Also it is the only way to access the Ryujin AIO's OLED screen which I like to have set to CPU temp.!
    I have an ROG Rampage 6 Extreme Omega and an ROG Crosshair VIII Formula motherboard. The RGB on the Rampage motherboard would not work with ANY Asus software about six months after I built the rig with that motherboard. Now in the BIOS you can turn it all off. Hurray for that.

As for the the Crosshair motherboard, I never installed Armoury Crate with it in the first place. And in all honesty, I dont care one iota for RGB. It's all cosmetic garbage I wish I had the option to not pay for. In fact, if the cost of it went into making other components or the BIOS better, I might rate Asus better. I am too busy gaming, watching a flick or reading news to even pay the slightest attention to my case.

I also run HWMonitor virtually all the time to see the temperature of everything--GPU, CPU core temperatures, etc.

ROG Member Array

I wanted to buy a Rog Delta S and a Rog Falchion but the crate software definitely disappointed me and now i am looking for another alternative.My Gladius III Wireless unfortunately currently on the ad for sale.See you when you release better software or provide Armory II support for all of the listed products.

Probably no one reads this from Asus support nor are they interested in user problematic.

Super Gnome PC Specs

Quote Originally Posted by SN1P3R1 View Post
    I wanted to buy a Rog Delta S and a Rog Falchion but the crate software definitely disappointed me and now i am looking for another alternative.My Gladius III Wireless unfortunately currently on the ad for sale.See you when you release better software or provide Armory II support for all of the listed products.

Probably no one reads this from Asus support nor are they interested in user problematic.
    Dude, nobody needs Armoury Crate. It is completely unnecessary and your computer will run like a charm without it. In my case I liked it for controlling the fan speeds but I now do that from the BIOS without a hitch.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Super Gnome View Post
    Dude, nobody needs Armoury Crate. It is completely unnecessary and your computer will run like a charm without it. In my case I liked it for controlling the fan speeds but I now do that from the BIOS without a hitch.
    For peripherals is required trust me.All settings are in the crate for Delta S or others devices.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download (26).png 
Views:	0 
Size:	370.3 KB 
ID:	88960
    Last edited by SN1P3R1; 06-10-2021 at 05:52 AM.

Super Gnome PC Specs

Quote Originally Posted by SN1P3R1 View Post
    For peripherals is required trust me.All settings are in the crate for Delta S or others devices.

Name:	download (26).png 
Size:	370.3 KB 
ID:	88960
    Well, I don't know. But those Delta S headphones work fine with other devices, like Playstation--and with no Armoury Crate. As for the features--yeah, my first Asus motherboard sound had a lot of things to tinker with, but most of them were useless and time wasters in my case. Leaving them alone got the best sound. Maybe your case is different.

I have three Asus motherboards, a Rampage III Black Edition (2011), a Rampage VI Omega Extreme, and a Crosshair VI Formula. All have loads of features that work fine without Armoury Crate. The ten year old motherboard worked better than ever when I could no longer use or install Armoury Crate. Read that again--as unbelievable as it is, it is absolutely true. Ten years later all of the features are fine and the motherboard and all of its features work as good as new.

As for the newer two, the only thing you can't control without Asus software is the RGB. But it only worked properly for a short while anyhow. There are switches in some of the newer BIOSes to shut it off, thank goodness.

As for Armoury Crate--in time it always messed up my systems--always. In every case reinstalling Windows was the only way out. Back years ago, had I known you don't need it I'd have saved myself a lot of hairs pulled out--no joke.
    Last edited by Super Gnome; 06-16-2021 at 07:25 AM.

ROG Member Array

New Asus Crate 3.1.0.0 from today and i get this message.They havent known how to fix software for two years.Big joke company

Name:	download (25).png 
Size:	221.7 KB 
ID:	89036

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2