cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LED lower right corner? (ROG STRIX Z370-I GAMING)

Kartoffl
Level 7
Hello Everyone,
right now, I'm trying to debug a STRIX Z370-I

Verified that my components are working on another board (CPU, GPU, RAM & PSU).
POST State LEDs turn off, so the board does not seem to complain about BOOT, VGA, DRAM or CPU.
Unfortunately, I still get no picture
(Display turning on and then black screen).

I recognized a bright orange LED on the lower right corner of the Motherboard,
Does anyone know what the purpose of this LED is?
As soon as I have power connected, it's on.

I checked in the manual, but I was unable to find any info on that LED.

Thanks for you replies.
2 REPLIES 2

pndiode
Level 11
I do not have this motherboard, but I think it is a BIOS LED if it blinks during a BIOS update. If the LED does not blink during a BIOS update, it might be a power LED (Standby power LED lights to indicate that the system is on, in sleep mode, or in soft-off mode). Or it could be a BIOS LED and Power LED combined.

Is the plastic piece for the USB 3 port connector missing? ? Assembly production line rebellion, I am going to take a break (bathroom, smoke, coffee, relax; etc.) You all are not going to work me to death! Alternatively, station one missed an oil lube, then AI kicked in and went on break!

Did you ever figure out what the problem was? I have a very similar H370-I that is showing the same exact symptoms. I think my problem is that the BIOS had never been updated and I'm trying to use a 9th gen CPU that would normally need an update. I bought the board used so I don't know what version it was on before and I don't have an 8th gen CPU to use to flash it.