cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura Creator Doesn't see my RAM

flagrant99
Level 7
Aura Creator Doesn't see my RAM but Armoury Crate does.

I have G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Trident Z Royal Silver.

Am I supposed to Download RAM software my self from G Skill?
Does it work?

Looks like Armoury Crate downloaded tons of RAM software already for other companys.
For example it install Patriot Viper DRAM. I do not have Patriot Viper DRAM.
7 REPLIES 7

FlufflePuff1337
Level 9
I have fixed it my self but it comes at cost of extra cpu usage from lightningservice.exe its already having 2% cpu usage so it will go up to 3% to 4%
Also it has to be done properly and the only way to do so is to run the aac cleaner that temporally breaks armoury crate slightly until checking for updates and then removes memory support, after that you install g.skill trident z rgb software the vision you need depends on if you have ryzen 5000 series cpu or not.
Bassicly you need 1.00.18 if you do not have ryzen 5000 cpu and 1.00.22 if you have the trident z software it self you do not have to run it in the background, i would highly recommend just disabling auto start on that.

First you need to run this.
https://www.gskill.us/forum/forum/product-discussion/ddr4/trident-z-rgb/163741-trident-z-lighting-co...

This will make it so it uninstalls asus vision of rgb memory support, as side effect those it will also remove all the aac packages for your motherboard rgb gpu rgb etc as well altho those usually re appear after checking for updates inside armoury crate, it works for me it just does not re download memory support however, in this case tho its beneficial cos you do not want 2 rgb drivers installed cos that can cause some serious issues and i heard g skill has spd corruption issue so you defiantly do not wanna run into those kind of issues.

Next you install g skill own software but do not run it at startup it includes the aac package needed for memory to show up in aura creator as well
https://www.gskill.com/download/1502180912/1551690847/Trident-Z-Family-(RGB,-Royal,-Neo)
if you have ryzen 5000 series cpu use 1.00.22 else 1.00.18 if you have intel based system you could try 1.00.22 as well but if it does not show up in aura creator for example you may need to uninstall that and re download 1.00.18

if all done correctly it should show up in both aura creator and armoury crate.
when 2 ene rgb packages are installed instead of just one you may end up with issues like rgb glitching out like a lot when opening something like hwinfo64 normally rgb effect just pauses couple of seconds then resumes when opening hwinfo64 if it glitches out you have 2 rgb software installed, if you uninstall trident z software it also uninstalls rgb driver required for armoury crate, if after reboot memory no longer shows up you only have 1 driver installed with trident z package you should be fine.
this can also resolve random colors appearing on sticks, the question is tho if its worth the extra cpu usage, hopefully asus fixes the aura service for memory sync soon never had extra cpu usage before.

If i fully uninstall tridentz software my self and uninstaller for armoury crate and do clean install of armoury crate, asus own ene rgb drivers for the g skills rgb works but memory does not show up for me either in aura creator and have random color appear on random stick randomly at times not mention 2% cpu usage instead of 0% like you should expect.

BigJohnny
Level 13
What a PITA!
This is why I dont use ASUS software. Had to load the oldest Aura but never launched it just to have the lighting service so Corsair Ique can control my MOBO. Ive been on the fence about getting a higher spec Trident Z Bdie kit than the corsair kit I have. If I do it will be just the plain Black Trident Z. Im good where I am though with 3600CL18 running 3800 CL17 Corsair dominator RGB 8x8GB kit.

What i cant even say the software is crap and be edited for swearing for it ? your software is still crap and will always remain crap if you do not take feedback serious.

DjRavix
Level 10
flagrant99 wrote:
Aura Creator Doesn't see my RAM but Armoury Crate does.

I have G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Trident Z Royal Silver.

Am I supposed to Download RAM software my self from G Skill?
Does it work?

Looks like Armoury Crate downloaded tons of RAM software already for other companys.
For example it install Patriot Viper DRAM. I do not have Patriot Viper DRAM.

From what I have seen Aura Creator Doesn't support any RGB capable Ram
To me it's a also a disappointment as for the last 20 years of having Asus Boards with Corsair Memory and it used to work very well together
it's actually really weird to not see stuff just working out of the box while that used to be the case to me in the past

it's also that Aura Creator is the only way to select different colors in say a rainbow setting then the very small amount of predefined settings

(p.s. I really need to update my specs it seems)
ASUS Maximus 13 Extreme
Intel i9 11900K
Corsair Dominater Platinum RGB
Phanteks Enthoo Primo
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
2 X Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Corsair AX1200I
EK-Velocity D-RGB - Nickel + Plexi
EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 PWM Serial - (incl. 2x pump)
XSPC RX480 + XSPC RS280
4 X Corsair SP120 PWM OEM Fans
2 X Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-2000 IP67 PWM
2 X Noctua NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap
2 X Noctua NF-S12A PWM chromax.black.swap
1 X Noctua NF-A15 HS-PWM chromax.black.swap

I had sort of the same issue with b550-e board and gskill F4-3200C14D-32GTZN. I needed to change the light colour to match my build . I installed armor crate . It did not see my ram. I then notice my ram would blink every few seconds. I installed Gskill software and that didnt detect my ram as well. I then uninstalled armor crate and the blinking stopped and the ram just went solid colour, no rainbow. Gskill software still didn't detect my ram. I uninstalled gskill software install armor-crate again. Still didn't detect my ram, but rainbow was back and no blinking. I RMA b550-e because was missing a plastic guide. I picked up x570-e and couldn't boot into bios, yellow light ,od error code. That board RMA now as well.

Have you tried to install the newest version from the Asus site?

I used the latest armor-crate version and drivers from Asus. This was a week ago , last Friday.