cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus rog maximus xiii hero cpu package heat problem

steve4400
Level 7
i just got a asus rog maximus xiii hero and i know the chipset temp is high and also the cpu package is also high 60-90c not sure what the cpu package is, have aio cooler on cpu it it fine.
5 REPLIES 5

BigJohnny
Level 13
Package is the rest of the chip that handles the I/O and memory controller. if you are using auto OC then it may be putting to much juice on the uncore voltage. I have mine overclocked on an X299 which still has the same verbage in the BIOS but its actuallt called mesh on this platform. My package temp with the OC runs right there with the hottest of 18 cores. All manual settings.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

The package temperature represents the average core temperature as reported by the internal sensors over a predefined period
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

I have not read about CPU Package temps being high but surely a lot of people are reporting high Chipset temps which is worrying.

I thought Asus is known to be the best in the market but strangely there are so many issues reported with this motherboard. Especially the high Chipset temps.

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Hello,

The package temperature represents the average core temperature as reported by the internal sensors over a predefined period

Im not so sure about that. I know I lower my mesh voltage and clock and VCCSA and my package temp will decrease with cores remaining unchanged.

BigJohnny wrote:
Im not so sure about that. I know I lower my mesh voltage and clock and VCCSA and my package temp will decrease with cores remaining unchanged.

That might be, but none the less this is how it's measured :). The average value is often taken from the hottest core.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090