Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by landrynka View Post
    That's right HWInfo shows the correct parameters .

Success. because it managed to reach 39.5ns. However, Command Rate 1 does not get up even at 1.6v (1.35 / 1.35)

And you know how to speed up the ROG login screen. Not widonws! ??
    You can enable Fast boot to avoid retraining the memory, this should decrease POST time.

Be sure to try both XMP profiles 1 and 2. Often, XMP II timings will be slightly looser depending on the memory kit. If you check within the UEFI or memtweakit, you'll see a difference in memory subsets.

XMP I - Board optimised timings

XMP II - Default XMP timings

If 1T at 4GHz is unobtainable you might want to dial back to a frequency that is if latency is important to you.

ROG Member Array

I'm coming back after testing .. and unfortunately cr1 is not runnable in any of the cases. BSDOS when logging in windows ..
    I don't get up on XMP I and XMP II ....
    Voltage changes do not help anything, so rather it stays at a stable 4000mhz

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Got the Apex XIII with 10900K SP100 CPU with 32GB G.Skill 3800 CL14 Kit.

On the Maximus Extreme XII & the Godlike Z490 i can run this KIT @4300 16-16-36 - now i cant run over 4000 Mhz stable.
    Tried 3 different mem kits...

Whats the problem?

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Mappi75 View Post

On the Maximus Extreme XII & the Godlike Z490 i can run this KIT @4300 16-16-36 - now i cant run over 4000 Mhz stable.

Whats the problem?
    Similar experience I could run single rank b die over 5000 and 4533c18 DR b die on z490 Apex/11900k. Now on z590 Apex with same cpu and mem I cannot boot 4533 DR or 5000+ SR.

Quote Originally Posted by Mappi75 View Post

Whats the problem?

What Q-Code?
    The common denominator is likely using a previous generation CPU on a next gen board. Optimisations and auto rulings when pushing limits to the very edge as you are doing are often with current gen in mind for obvious reasons.
    Last edited by Silent Scone@ROG; 05-02-2021 at 07:00 AM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

I will have to look next time I try what the q code is.

I could run higher speeds with the 11900k in the Z490 Apex. So it would be the opposite of what you said or am I misunderstanding?

Edit: Just tried the SR b die@5066 with manual timings and voltages that ran with 11900k in z490 Apex and it goes thru the boot cycle then shut down and restarts and repeats. I have tried all kinds of timings and voltages. It is not a big deal just thought it was interesting that speed that worked on z490 with the 11900k do not run on the newer z590 using all the same components except MB.
    Last edited by Silent Scone@ROG; 05-02-2021 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bscool View Post
    I will have to look next time I try what the q code is.

I could run higher speeds with the 11900k in the Z490 Apex. So it would be the opposite of what you said or am I misunderstanding?

Edit: Just tried the SR b die@5066 with manual timings and voltages that ran with 11900k in z490 Apex and it goes thru the boot cycle then shut down and restarts and repeats. I have tried all kinds of timings and voltages. It is not a big deal just thought it was interesting that speed that worked on z490 with the 11900k do not run on the newer z590 using all the same components except MB.
    Was replying to the post above. 5K is tough. Hard to say when not comparing sub timings. Q-Code should should help determine where to to start looking.

ROG Enthusiast Array kvarq PC Specs
    kvarq PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Apex XIII
    Processor10900K
    Memory (part number)F4-4000C16D-32GTZRA
    Graphics Card #13090 K|NGP|N
    Sound CardSound Blaster Z
    MonitorPG279Q
    Storage #1980 Pro 2TB
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Ultimate 3.0
    CaseMeshify S2
    Power SupplySeasonic Titanium TX850
    Keyboard Razer Huntsman
    Mouse Razer Viper 8K
    Mouse Pad RAZER Firefly V2
    OS 21H1

Quote Originally Posted by Shamino View Post
    which bios is best for XIII and 10900K?

I got this Asus Apex XIII motherboard, paired with a 10900K...

I hoped to have something nice and high end but I'm having nothing but problems.
    I installed the motherboard and I had a terrible week-end.

Before I had Apex XII paired with a 10900K - everything was ok, but I decided to upgrade to XIII, unfortunately this week-end I spent testing and retesting and so on, system is crashing no matter I was doing.

I tried different bios versions: 0506, 0605, 0707 even 0801 - still having lots of restarts, system gets stuck, 7F errors and others and stuff...
    Sometimes when restarting, computer gets stuck having the 7F error, tried everything, reseated the CPU, Graphics card , nothing, BUT removing battery worked, and system finally restarted, but in the end the simplest solution is something from the past I remembered, to power down completely the computer and hold the power button at least for a minute and then power it up again...
    While trying different older bios versions I could run benchmarks for a longer time.

And yes, apparently I can't play anything... Red Dead Redemption 2, Cyberpunk, 3D mark benchmarks, everything crashes...
    Installed all bios versions available, tried different drivers, reinstalled windows even, nothing, still crashes and restarts suddenly.
    Even if everything is DEFAULT in bios, not even XMP activated...
    While crashing I keep getting a Kernel Power 41 error - it seems something is pulling to much power or not enough I am not sure.

Using the same components on the Asus XII system everything was ok.

It's quite frustrating, I don't know anymore what to do...

Asus XIII Apex
    F4-4000C19D-32GTZKK
    3090 KingPin
    970 Evo Plus 2TB
    Seasonic 850W Titanium
    SoundBlaster Z

Edit:
    since I'm having also 7F errors during some restarts, might be some kind of power / graphics card stuff...
    I noticed an additional power connector, didn't know if this was optional for extreme OC (which I'm not doing by the way)...

Anyways... I plugged also the power connector labeled D, apparently I could play RDR2 for almost three hours without any crash/restart!

So this means that there is mandatory to connect this one? Are there any re-routing circuits on this motherboard?
    I thought this was optional, but apparently for a 3090 needs to be connected.
    I don't know if this really solves the issue, but clearly has been an improvement so far.

But in the end, bios still needs some serious work... on the ram side, PCI-E, power side, video cards...
    Saw lots of users using Z590 with 10900K.
    Last edited by kvarq; 05-10-2021 at 07:50 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array kvarq PC Specs
    kvarq PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Apex XIII
    Processor10900K
    Memory (part number)F4-4000C16D-32GTZRA
    Graphics Card #13090 K|NGP|N
    Sound CardSound Blaster Z
    MonitorPG279Q
    Storage #1980 Pro 2TB
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Ultimate 3.0
    CaseMeshify S2
    Power SupplySeasonic Titanium TX850
    Keyboard Razer Huntsman
    Mouse Razer Viper 8K
    Mouse Pad RAZER Firefly V2
    OS 21H1

Yeah, so played a lot last few days, no crashes at all... Apparently that extra connector helped. Don't know what they did here, on apex XII that connector wasn't there and I had no issues at all, same components were working just fine.
    And yeah, noticed something else (also knew that from previous generations) - if the Aura is ON, additional 0.02V are required for the VCore
    Since I did lots of tests the past week-end, reinstalled all kind of stuff and switching bios versions, once I forgot to turn off the lights, did a fast linpack test and failed with a voltage which has been good many times before, noticed the lights were on, turned them off, then it was ok, passed it

The only annoying thing is that now when I turn on the computer from time to time it just jumps into 1 second loop, like an endless restart, and does stays forever in that loop, it's just powering up for a bit then turn off, then restart again. If I'm turning off the computer from the power button the loop continues.
    I've been reseating again the cpu, video card, M2 dimm, DDR4 etc nothing.
    The ONLY workaround is to remove the battery or to power off the power supply and keep the power button for 1 minute.
    It's weird.

Officially F4-4000C19D-32GTZKK and F4-4266C17D-32GTRSB are not yet on the QVL...
    I don't think in that second the computer has some time to do some checks & posts, because I see no error codes on that QCode led etc.

Is the board faulty or BIOS still needs some serious work?

@Silent Scone@ROG, @Shamino, any hints?
    Thank you
    Last edited by kvarq; 05-13-2021 at 06:23 AM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by kvarq View Post

The only annoying thing is that now when I turn on the computer from time to time it just jumps into 1 second loop, like an endless restart, and does stays forever in that loop, it's just powering up for a bit then turn off, then restart again. If I'm turning off the computer from the power button the loop continues.
    I've been reseating again the cpu, video card, M2 dimm, DDR4 etc nothing.
    The ONLY workaround is to remove the battery or to power off the power supply and keep the power button for 1 minute.
    It's weird.

I have the same problem with this loop ... Sometimes it shows up, sometimes it doesn't. Turning off the power supply helps. But it makes no sense?
    Some solution ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast