cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS APEX XIII CPU and RAM ERRRROR

landrynka
Level 7
Hi, let me start with this, I have an Asus APEX XIII. The problem is that I turned up the processor to 5.0GHZ at 1.35.
Why doesn't it keep these MHZs all the time and why CPU-Z shows 1.488V?

My processor is 10900k and Kraken x73.

What's more, I can't go down with delays below 40ns ....

Any suggestions ?88521
39 REPLIES 39

thomas_yiu
Level 9
Hello Landrynka,

How you use AI overclocking or manually change CPU ratio and set manual CPU Voltage to 1.35V?

Thomas
Sincerely,
TY

thomas_yiu@ROG wrote:
Hello Landrynka,

How you use AI overclocking or manually change CPU ratio and set manual CPU Voltage to 1.35V?

Thomas

I manually changed the coefficient. (50x and voltage 1.35)
You asked a good question ... Because even after manually overclocking to 5000mhz under stress (gaming) the computer does not keep the 5000mhz. It only jumps at 4300mhz, 4500mhz.
Probably some functions in the bios are wrongly set?

Shamino

Shamino wrote:
Please flash latest bios
https://www.overclock.net/threads/overclocking-11700k-11900k-results-bins-and-discussion.1777365/pos...

I updated:):)
By memory the ram worked.
But on spikes in voltage, when playing bfv it jumps from 5000mhz set to 4700, then 4400 and so on over and over again.
The temperatures are okay so they are not causing these clocks to drop ...

Shamino wrote:
Please flash latest bios
https://www.overclock.net/threads/overclocking-11700k-11900k-results-bins-and-discussion.1777365/pos...

which bios is best for XIII and 10900K?

I got this Asus Apex XIII motherboard, paired with a 10900K...

I hoped to have something nice and high end but I'm having nothing but problems.
I installed the motherboard and I had a terrible week-end.

Before I had Apex XII paired with a 10900K - everything was ok, but I decided to upgrade to XIII, unfortunately this week-end I spent testing and retesting and so on, system is crashing no matter I was doing.

I tried different bios versions: 0506, 0605, 0707 even 0801 - still having lots of restarts, system gets stuck, 7F errors and others and stuff...
Sometimes when restarting, computer gets stuck having the 7F error, tried everything, reseated the CPU, Graphics card , nothing, BUT removing battery worked, and system finally restarted, but in the end the simplest solution is something from the past I remembered, to power down completely the computer and hold the power button at least for a minute and then power it up again...
While trying different older bios versions I could run benchmarks for a longer time.

And yes, apparently I can't play anything... Red Dead Redemption 2, Cyberpunk, 3D mark benchmarks, everything crashes...
Installed all bios versions available, tried different drivers, reinstalled windows even, nothing, still crashes and restarts suddenly.
Even if everything is DEFAULT in bios, not even XMP activated...
While crashing I keep getting a Kernel Power 41 error - it seems something is pulling to much power or not enough I am not sure.

Using the same components on the Asus XII system everything was ok.

It's quite frustrating, I don't know anymore what to do...

Asus XIII Apex
F4-4000C19D-32GTZKK
3090 KingPin
970 Evo Plus 2TB
Seasonic 850W Titanium
SoundBlaster Z

Edit:
since I'm having also 7F errors during some restarts, might be some kind of power / graphics card stuff...
I noticed an additional power connector, didn't know if this was optional for extreme OC (which I'm not doing by the way)...

Anyways... I plugged also the power connector labeled D, apparently I could play RDR2 for almost three hours without any crash/restart!

So this means that there is mandatory to connect this one? Are there any re-routing circuits on this motherboard?
I thought this was optional, but apparently for a 3090 needs to be connected.
I don't know if this really solves the issue, but clearly has been an improvement so far.

But in the end, bios still needs some serious work... on the ram side, PCI-E, power side, video cards...
Saw lots of users using Z590 with 10900K.

thomas_yiu
Level 9
Hi landrynka,
Did the processor frequency is still lower than 5000Ghz?
DId you run power options to High performance?
Sincerely,
TY

thomas_yiu@ROG wrote:
Hi landrynka,
DId you run power options to High performance?

Hi,
So it helped !!! Super thank you superman

landrynka wrote:
Hi,
So it helped !!! Super thank you superman

Hello landrynka,

You're super welcome.
Thomas
Sincerely,
TY

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
landrynka wrote:
Hi, let me start with this, I have an Asus APEX XIII. The problem is that I turned up the processor to 5.0GHZ at 1.35.
Why doesn't it keep these MHZs all the time and why CPU-Z shows 1.488V?

My processor is 10900k and Kraken x73.

What's more, I can't go down with delays below 40ns ....

Any suggestions ?88521

CPU-Z Displays the VID which represents the voltage the CPU believes it's receiving. Use HWInfo or a suitable monitoring tool to monitor the Vcore.

On the Apex you may want to try running Command Rate 1 to help reduce latency. You may likely need to increase DRAM voltage in order to find stability, however.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090