cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus TuF Gaming B550-PLUS realtek alc s1220a front panel headphone problem

stonewales
Level 7
realtek alc s1220a front panel headphone problem is that i have just upgraded from x99 motherboard and had no problem leaving my headphones plugged into the front panel audio jack and i could get sound out of my speakers and headphones at the same time with very little messing with the software but not with this mother board is their a work around or some other software i need to download as becoming a pain to keep unplugging the headphones from the front audio panel jack each time i want to use the speakers going to end up damaging the audio panel jack whivh i dont want..:(
9 REPLIES 9

Dude1070
Level 8
Do you have it set like this?

link not working 😞

Dude1070
Level 8
Device advance settings in realtek control, set Playback device to Make front and rear output devices playback two different audio streams simultaneously

that might be the problem then did not come with realtek control only software that came with was DRV_Audio_SZ_RTK_500_DTSC_W10_64_V6089711_20200826R
and if i try the realtek site the download 0009-64bit_Win7_Win8_Win81_Win10_R282.exe (R2.82) it starts installing and just before the end and error comes up and the sound stops working but the headphones shows up in the sound list which it does not now
Realtek High Definition Audio (HDA) Version R2.8x (9132.1) WHQL installed and Realtek HD audio manager is now showing up and set Playback device to Make front and rear output devices playback two different audio streams simultaneously but still have to switch in sound options cannot get sound at the same time
Dont need to remove the headphones jack from the front panel any more but still cannot get sound out of both at the same time 😞

Dude1070
Level 8
But you can keep both plugged in?

Dude1070
Level 8

Installed and just the same ..

stonewales wrote:
Installed and just the same ..

Be sure to also get the Realtek Audio Manager applet and the DTS applet. The instructions have links to Microsoft Store if they don't automatically install after you install the drivers (they didn't with my TUF B550m-Plus).

In the Realtek Audio Manager applet, Advanced Device Settings there's a choice to change how the rear panel outputs work when front panel's in use. I don't know if it does what you want though.

Dude1070
Level 8
Im not sure how to play both at the same time with just the MB audio, may a sound guy can jump on here and help you