Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    New ROGer Array

22.40.7 is the latest Intel wi-fi driver I have access to as a non-insider.

I ended up replacing my cable modem with an MB8611 which allows me to connect to the 2.5Gbps WAN port as a way to sidestep using the MB8600 and LAG.

Using 2.5Gbps WAN and using LAG on the 1Gbps LAN ports 1 and 2 allows me to get the theoretical 1400 Mbps maximum download speed using the AXE-11000.
    Unfortunately, the upload speed then drops from 42Mbs to 6Mbps.

I turned the LAN LAG back off and will likely just replace the GT-AXE11000 with whatever new wifi 6E model comes out that has 2 multi gig ports.Â*

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Saltgrass PC Specs
    Saltgrass PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus XIII Hero
    Processori9 11900K
    Graphics Card #1EVGA RTX 3090 FTW
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorDell AW3420DW
    Storage #1Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB
    Storage #2Samsung 860 Pro 1 TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212X
    CaseCooler Master
    Power SupplyAntec HCP Platinum 1000
    Keyboard ASUS Strix Flare
    Mouse ASUS Chakram
    Headset/Speakers Logitech wired 5.1
    OS Win 10 Pro
    Network RouterROG Rapture GT-AX11000/AXE11000
    Accessory #1 VR Headset
    Accessory #2 Saitek X52

First, the new Intel Driver 22.50.0 actually turned off my 6 GHz access because it replaces the options in the Registry. So it is still not clear if this will work in 21H1..

It appears you may be getting a higher download speed but I still have a hard time believing you can use two 1 Gbps ports on the same network. Now setting up a second network would seem to make sense..

In many cases, the actual download speed only needs to be enough to do what you need. If you have several devices needing adequate download speeds, perhaps splitting your local network would allow those devices to be separated and have more download access.. Of course, your total download speed can only be the 1 Gbps lSP limit. Just a thought..

I do not know if your ISP would charge for another connection.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by axman View Post
    Using 2.5Gbps WAN and using LAG on the 1Gbps LAN ports 1 and 2 allows me to get the theoretical 1400 Mbps maximum download speed using the AXE-11000.
    Unfortunately, the upload speed then drops from 42Mbs to 6Mbps.

I turned the LAN LAG back off and will likely just replace the GT-AXE11000 with whatever new wifi 6E model comes out that has 2 multi gig ports.
    Here is the working combination:

Motorola MB8611 -> ROG 2.5 Gbps
    ROG Port 1 1Gb -> Switch set to Active LACP
    ROG Port 2 1Gb -> Switch set to Active LACP
    10Gb port on Switch - > Client

I am now able to get full download and upload speed as expected. Â*Once the 6E wifi works with encryption, I think the ROG will be fully working as expected.
    Last edited by axman; 05-11-2021 at 02:11 AM. Reason: control chars

Saltgrass PC Specs
    Processori9 11900K
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorDell AW3420DW
    CaseCooler Master
    Mouse ASUS Chakram
    OS Win 10 Pro
    Accessory #1 VR Headset
    Accessory #2 Saitek X52

Just wondering, you refer to a 1400Mbps theoretical speed. Where does that number come from?

I have cable at 400 Mbps advertised. I am getting almost 500 Mbps so could the 1400 Mbps be the normal overage from that provider?

It seems AT&T has just put fiber to my location. If I got 1 Gbps from them and 400 Gbps from Spectrum, what speed would you expect me to see using WAN aggregation? My modem from Spectrum only has the 1 output port ( 1Gbps) at 400Gbps. I do not know what an AT&T modem would have, but would you think I would get a higher actual speed using two ports from the AT&T modem with two output ports than from the AT&T plus the Spectrum?.

These are situations, I am sorry to say, I cannot test to confirm.. So you might be correct in how you look at this. It just doesn't make sense to me.

New ROGer Array

6e wpa3

For 6E WPA3 case

I think need to update tp intel new driver 22.45.1.1

You might refer to this FAQ:
    https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1045515

Saltgrass PC Specs
    Processori9 11900K
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorDell AW3420DW
    CaseCooler Master
    Mouse ASUS Chakram
    OS Win 10 Pro
    Accessory #1 VR Headset
    Accessory #2 Saitek X52

The link is a little behind but I still am not able to connect to the 6 GHz using WPA3 even using the latest Win 10 updates and the Intel 22.50.07 driver. The other way still works.

I have not heard of any mention of specific network key requirements on the 6 GHz band.

Maybe still something needed from 21H1 but the link now shows 21H2 for it to be turned on. I have not seen any notices as mentioned in the link, to agree to turning it on.. But I do have the Registry modification in place.

Saltgrass PC Specs
    Processori9 11900K
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorDell AW3420DW
    CaseCooler Master
    Mouse ASUS Chakram
    OS Win 10 Pro
    Accessory #1 VR Headset
    Accessory #2 Saitek X52

Well, 21H1 is out now but I see no evidence it will activate the 6e network and use WPA-3..

Maybe when my Insider Beta install goes to 21H2 it will show up.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Saltgrass View Post
    Just wondering, you refer to a 1400Mbps theoretical speed. Where does that number come from?

I have cable at 400 Mbps advertised. I am getting almost 500 Mbps so could the 1400 Mbps be the normal overage from that provider?

It seems AT&T has just put fiber to my location. If I got 1 Gbps from them and 400 Gbps from Spectrum, what speed would you expect me to see using WAN aggregation? My modem from Spectrum only has the 1 output port ( 1Gbps) at 400Gbps. I do not know what an AT&T modem would have, but would you think I would get a higher actual speed using two ports from the AT&T modem with two output ports than from the AT&T plus the Spectrum?.

These are situations, I am sorry to say, I cannot test to confirm.. So you might be correct in how you look at this. It just doesn't make sense to me.
    Xfinity recently upgraded their Gigabit to 1200 Mbits per second which is over provisioned to 1400 Mbits. That is where I got the 1400 number, which I was able to achieve in testing.

The theory with WAN aggregation is that you could have two ISP's and get speed as fast as the two services combined. I haven't tried that yet but will be testing it as soon as a second high speed ISP is available in my area which is expected to be at the end of summer. At that point, I would expect to get 1400 + 1000 = about 2400 Mbps. Except you can only get 2 * 1000 = 2000 Mbps via LAG, so I would think that would be the limit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2