Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Super Moderator Array

hi there
    if u dont mind me being blunt, ABT is only meaningful if it is opportunistic based on all these conditions.
    really i think what you want is all cores at 51x and 2 cores load at 53x. unconditionally even.
    i can understand that and very easily without too much fuss you can set it up the way you want:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picy.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	88565

ROG Enthusiast Array chrismog2_2 PC Specs
    chrismog2_2 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Strix Z590-A Gaming WiFi
    ProcessorIntel Core i9-11900K
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) F4-3600C16Q-32GTRS
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia GeForce RTX3090 Founders Edition
    MonitorGigabyte Aorus AD27QD / Acer Nitro XV340CK
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15S
    CaseFractal Design Meshify 2
    Power SupplySeasonic PRIME TX-1000

Quote Originally Posted by Shamino View Post
    hi there
    if u dont mind me being blunt, ABT is only meaningful if it is opportunistic based on all these conditions.
    really i think what you want is all cores at 51x and 2 cores load at 53x. unconditionally even.
    i can understand that and very easily without too much fuss you can set it up the way you want:

Name:	picy.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	88565
    Then if you don't mind a blunt reply, I'd like ABT to be working as it was designed without having to fiddle with other settings, considering Intel's statement that usage of it does not void their warranty. Especially since it appeared to work in the previous beta version of this BIOS. (yes I know they can't really tell if you're overclocking unless you go wild with it)

I mean, if you're going to say that ABT is enabled in BIOS right on the support page... it damn well should be enabled and do something. And by definition, it should allow boosting up to 5.1 GHz all cores as long as temperatures stay under 100C, if the description is correct?

Super Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by chrismog2_2 View Post
    Then if you don't mind a blunt reply, I'd like ABT to be working as it was designed without having to fiddle with other settings, considering Intel's statement that usage of it does not void their warranty. Especially since it appeared to work in the previous beta version of this BIOS. (yes I know they can't really tell if you're overclocking unless you go wild with it)

I mean, if you're going to say that ABT is enabled in BIOS right on the support page... it damn well should be enabled and do something. And by definition, it should allow boosting up to 5.1 GHz all cores as long as temperatures stay under 100C, if the description is correct?
    if you disable vmax stress and tvb clipping then yes, but it becomes more of a run until 100c type of static frequency which i dont think was the intention of ABT and more the type of setting i was pointing towards.
    but yes, if mce is enabled, and the afore mentioned disabled, and temperature regulator option to keep temps below 90c is disabled , then i would think it will full throttle till 100c.

chrismog2_2 PC Specs
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) F4-3600C16Q-32GTRS
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15S

if you disable vmax stress and tvb clipping then yes, but it becomes more of a run until 100c type of static frequency which i dont think was the intention of ABT and more the type of setting i was pointing towards.
    but yes, if mce is enabled, and the afore mentioned disabled, and temperature regulator option to keep temps below 90c is disabled , then i would think it will full throttle till 100c.
    All I'm saying is I disabled those options as you recommended, and neither ABT nor MCE, nor any combination of the two, is even getting me close to the 90c threshold denoted by Asus' MCE description, let alone the 100c advertised as part of the ABT spec in Intel's materials. And that seems like it's not operating as advertised. I am getting the extended turbo duration, but it's stopping at TVB frequencies.

chrismog2_2 PC Specs
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15S

I will say that the core ratio settings did work (I kept it to 5.0 GHz all core, 5.1 for 4 cores, and 5.3 for 2 cores), so thank you for that. I didn't make any other adjustments beyond what was already discussed on this thread. While I'm still curious as to why ABT isn't pushing up to these frequencies, at least this gets back to what I'm expecting to see.

Name:	core-ratio-adjusted.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	119.6 KB 
ID:	88566

Super Moderator Array

i dont know why , i see your on 0707 as well, and i suppose you have high perf power profile in power plan?

chrismog2_2 PC Specs
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15S

i dont know why , i see your on 0707 as well, and i suppose you have high perf power profile in power plan?
    Yes, high performance, min/max processor state 100%, and active cooling policy.

Super Moderator Array

Ah now I thought of some. There were reports of microcode not updating wuth usb flashback. Check cpu config menu see if its 3c. If not then that explauns. Perhaps use ezflash

chrismog2_2 PC Specs
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15S

It is revision 3C. I've done all my updates using EZFlash so far.

ROG Member Array Seth Anton PC Specs
    Seth Anton PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG MAXIMUS XIII HERO
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Ripjaws V 64GB DDR4 K2
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX3090 GAMING OC
    MonitorAsus PG279Q ROG Swift 27-inch 165Hz
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 960 Pro M.2 512GB
    Storage #2Samsung SSD 860 EVO SATA3 1TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series H150i Pro AiO
    CaseObsidian Series™ 750D Full Tower ATX Case
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200i Digital ATX 1200 Watt ATX
    Keyboard Wireless Keyboard 6000 - Microsoft
    Mouse G602 Logitech
    OS Windows 10 pro

I had exactly the same issue. 11900k under multi-stress on Cinebench 23 reached max speed on all cores 4.7/4.8ghz
    that was with ABT enabled and Multicore enhancement enabled/remove all limits.

the only thing that worked and had 5ghz on all cores on full load of R23 was the AI overclocking.
    By the way is it ok to use AI overclocking? works great so far with good temps

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast