Power SupplyROG-STRIX-850G
    Keyboard HyperX Alloy Origins
    Mouse HyperX Pulsefire Raid RGB
    OS Windows 10 Pro X64

ROG Enthusiast Array chrismog2_2 PC Specs
    chrismog2_2 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Strix Z590-A Gaming WiFi
    ProcessorIntel Core i9-11900K
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) F4-3600C16Q-32GTRS
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia GeForce RTX3090 Founders Edition
    MonitorGigabyte Aorus AD27QD / Acer Nitro XV340CK
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15S
    CaseFractal Design Meshify 2
    Power SupplySeasonic PRIME TX-1000

Tested it out for my board (the Strix Z590-A) and it does work properly now with XMP settings + ABT set to "Enabled". There is an Auto setting on ABT now which doesn't appear to do anything.

Were any other performance tweaks added in to this BIOS? It could just be my imagination but it looks a bit more aggressive at keeping under that 90C temperature threshold specified by Asus MCE (considering both ABT and MCE are enabled, I'm not surprised and expected that behavior though). Different day, different ambient temps, so like I said it could just be me...

Thanks!!

Super Moderator Array

bios spent a lot of effort to do a good octvb implementation, be sure to check it out

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Shamino View Post
    bios spent a lot of effort to do a good octvb implementation, be sure to check it out
    Is the Per Core OC still broken?

Super Moderator Array

ive never seen the brokenness you are talking about
    keep things simple and just set the minimal options , 1 active core A ratio, 2 active cores b ratio etc, dont set a tonne of other things. is it still "broken"?

ROG Member Array

ive never seen the brokenness you are talking about
    keep things simple and just set the minimal options , 1 active core A ratio, 2 active cores b ratio etc, dont set a tonne of other things. is it still "broken"?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q84onNce0xo
    Here's a video showing the behavior of it and the settings used in the description. And yes, its still broken on 0801, i haven't tried 0901 yet. Kinda want to be sure its working before updating so i don't have to re-do all my memory/oc settings.

Also i'm on Rocket Lake, a fixed individual core multiplier is supposed to work regardless of how many cores are active.
    Last edited by yahfz; 05-14-2021 at 02:24 PM.

Super Moderator Array

i think you are mistaking specific cores with by core usage
    no, they complement each other, active cores matter and specific core ratio limit matters
    if your active core config is 53/53/51/51/50/50/49/49, even if your core x ratio is 80x it will still be tops 53x in light loads
    you cannot expect me to tell what your bios settings are from a video of hwinfo

ROG Member Array

i think you are mistaking specific cores with by core usage
    no, they complement each other, active cores matter and specific core ratio limit matters
    if your active core config is 53/53/51/51/50/50/49/49, even if your core x ratio is 80x it will still be tops 53x in light loads
    you cannot expect me to tell what your bios settings are from a video of hwinfo
    All the bios info needed is in the video description as i mentioned in my comment above.

In Rocket Lake each core now has its own PLL which allows independent core clocks to be set on each core regardless of how many are active so i'm not entirely sure what you mean? I can record another video showing the bios and its settings if the info in the description isn't enough, but yeah it either doesn't work as its supposed to or maybe i'm doing something wrong.
    Last edited by yahfz; 05-14-2021 at 04:05 PM.

Super Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by yahfz View Post
    In Rocket Lake each core now has its own PLL which allows independent core clocks to be set on each core regardless of how many are active .
    yes for the first but no to the second
    there are 2 constraints you can set and are already being set:

ratios by active cores
    individual core ratio limits

they are enforced to the most conservative sense
    if your 5 core active ratio LIMIT is 50x even if core X ratio LIMIT is 56x, it will still run at 50x if 5 cores are active
    how does it make sense to tell the cpu "limit my core ratios to 50x if 5 cores are active" and "limit my core X Ratio to 56x" and expect core x to be 56x when the first statement is true?
    LIMIT is the key word here if in a situation A and B are true, then the lower number is the LIMIT, it makes perfect sense so.
    what do you want to achieve? its very easy, if you want just each core to run a certain ratio regardless of core usage do this:

set by core usage to the maximum of whatever you want the best core to run at.
    example 55x:
    so set 55/55/55/55 /55/55/55/55

then set specific core ratio limits to whatever you want core X to run at , example:

core0: 55x
    core1:54x
    core2: 53x
    etc

thats it
    in other words you are ignoring active core use and just limiting by specific cores.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4