cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New x570-e build problems

Canadaman
Level 7
Hi all I'm running into trouble with a new Ryzen build that won't post and (can't get to bios) gives a DRAM error (yellow led on mobo) black screen on monitor, od error q code.

Updated to latest bios.
Ryzen 5 5600x
Strix X570-e motherboard
Gskill F4-3200C14D-32GTZN ram
Seasonic px850
Kracken cooler
Clear CMOS numerous times, tried all ram slots (single and double).removed and replace cpu numerous times. Went back one bios version non beta and tried.
Cpu and ram work perfect inside b550-e but I rma motherboard because it was missing plastic guide for case header plug.
Should I just rma this motherboard too? I feel like rma my cpu and ram now also .
One thing I noticed different between the 2 boards is the cpu motherboard socket.. x570-e seems like it pops my cpu chip out , and you here a clunk.. b550-e never did that was smooth and I lifter cpu out the motherboard socket.
Also keyboard wouldn't power up. Tried all ports
15 REPLIES 15

Banditt1976
Level 8
Are you sure you have the CPU inserted correctly. With pin1 in the correct orientation, the CPU should be one turn clockwise into the slot, not directly with the text on the chip reading horizontally. The top of the CPU should be facing the RAM slots.

Yes the cpu orientation was correct.

Are you using D.O.C.P. settings for the RAM in the BIOS. Try to use the same settings, but put them in manually and see if it will boot.

I cannot get into bios. I get a (Od) q code error , yellow dram light and a black screen on the monitor. I cannot get past this. I did unplug 8 pin power plug and error was 00 .

How many sticks of RAM do you have? If only 2, put them in the 2nd and 4th slots away from the CPU.

2- 16 GB RAM stick. Tried all slots, single double. I also tried different ram as well brand new. All my parts are brand new.. I just had them working inside b550-e motherboard but I had to rma because it was missing a guilde plug. 3 days ago. I upgraded to x570-e

Ty I appreciate the help .

If the CPU is making any noise when putting in or taking out, something is wrong with the CPU pins or the socket itself. If it doesn't rest in the socket with no effort needed to keep it in place as you pull back the arm to keep the CPU locked into place, then something is definitely wrong with the fitment.

I can drop the cpu in effortless. The lever on motherboard cpu socket seems loose with no tension locking in the cpu. When I lift the lever up to release the cpu is when I here clunk noise. Like something sliding overtop of something and catching. Moving the lever with no cpu in the socket don't make any noise. Now I'm concerned about my cpu.

Do you still have the B550-E motherboard with you? If you do, try to put everything back onto it and try to boot up. If everything boots fine then you have a bad X570-E motherboard.