cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS 3604 for Asus ROG Strix X570-F?

splash90
Level 7
Hi, I currently have version 3801 (beta) installed two weeks ago, and before I had version 3603. But now you have released a new version 3604, and 3801 has a new date of 28.04.2021. Should I install version 3604? Reinstall 3801?

Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
BIOS revision 3801 contains the latest 1.2.0.2 AGESA. Unless experiencing any problems there's no reason to downgrade.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

No problems so far, I'm about a 5%-7% low when compared with some CPU-Z or Cinebench benchmarks but that happened with previous BIOS too.

Let me ask you a question, is Asus Optimal setting in EZ-Mode in BIOS a good idea? I've just activated and now I have a 4.2 GHz fixed clock in all 12-cores with very very good temps and less that 1,1 Volts.

splash90 wrote:
No problems so far, I'm about a 5%-7% low when compared with some CPU-Z or Cinebench benchmarks but that happened with previous BIOS too.

Let me ask you a question, is Asus Optimal setting in EZ-Mode in BIOS a good idea? I've just activated and now I have a 4.2 GHz fixed clock in all 12-cores with very very good temps and less that 1,1 Volts.

Depends largely on the workload and may impact your single threaded performance, but these chips can benefit from undervolting. You'd need to test performance for your use case.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

The last good bios for my board is Version 3405, any bios in the 36xx range for the Asus Rog Strix X570-F causes my 5800x to throttle badly which lowers performance a lot and is not good for the chip.

Let me explain more, when using the 3405 bios I can run prime 95 all day long and temps stay between 70-80C. All cores run at around 4.75G
With any 36XX bios when I start prime 95 within seconds the chip is at 90C and major throttling starts along with cpu utilization on 4-5 cores dropping to zero.
All cores in curve optimizer are set to neg 15 except for one which will only go to neg 10

Voltage in Ryzen master for all bios's show 1.39 - 1.41 when running.

In my case any 36XX bios heats my chip up and causes major performance issues. It will take a lot to move me off of the 3405 bios it works perfectly for my setup.

I have a good AIO 280MM water cooler on the cpu It's a Corsair H110i. I put high quality 140MM fans on it much better than the ones that came with it.

The_Tick wrote:
The last good bios for my board is Version 3405, any bios in the 36xx range for the Asus Rog Strix X570-F causes my 5800x to throttle badly which lowers performance a lot and is not good for the chip.

Let me explain more, when using the 3405 bios I can run prime 95 all day long and temps stay between 70-80C. All cores run at around 4.75G
With any 36XX bios when I start prime 95 within seconds the chip is at 90C and major throttling starts along with cpu utilization on 4-5 cores dropping to zero.
All cores in curve optimizer are set to neg 15 except for one which will only go to neg 10

Voltage in Ryzen master for all bios's show 1.39 - 1.41 when running.

In my case any 36XX bios heats my chip up and causes major performance issues. It will take a lot to move me off of the 3405 bios it works perfectly for my setup.

I have a good AIO 280MM water cooler on the cpu It's a Corsair H110i. I put high quality 140MM fans on it much better than the ones that came with it.

[Edit] tl;dr Was certainly in order here; CHECK this out! https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/clocktuner-2-for-ryzen-(ctr)-guide,1.html [/edit]

Now, I'm here because I'm trying to find out if it's safe to flash my soon-to-be-arriving X570-F with the 3801 BIOS-beta published on 2021/04/28, just hoping to have a hassle free time installing the 5900X that's also arriving today.

But I can't help but stick my nose in here. Have you tried the 1usmus AMD optimisation software? It seems to be doing absolute wonders with Ryzen-CPUs , both Zen 2 and Zen 3 as I understand it. It's called CTR 2.1 RC5, at least that's the latest version. I found it yesterday as I was looking about ads for Ryzen 5 3600 CPU's on a local forum, since I'll be selling mine too when I've got the 5900X working confidently. Anyway, I saw that someone had used that program to determine that theirs was a "Golden Sample CPU", and thus asked a higher price for it.

Clever.

I know my 3600 was a good bin, so I figured I'd try it. And man, it did absolute wonders! I could run it okay at maximum all core ~4.200-4.300GHz without going crazy with the vcore, and it was always too hot with Ryzen Master and PBO, imho. 1usmus little program mangled my CPU for a bit and got the feel for it, and ended up giving me a completely safe OC at about 4.475GHz, doing it properly (like PBO and Ryzen Master should!) with 6 different stages and differentiating between different workloads, a true optimized OC. I suggest you check it out, I will for sure be running my R9 5900X thru it the first thing I do. CTR 2.1 got my CB R20-score up from about 3800 on a good day (with only intermittent bluescreens that is), to a comfortable 4000+-range, all the while drawing less power and staying cooler.

I used 1usmus Ryzen Balanced Power Plan when I first got my 3600 a little over a year ago, when I was trying to figure why the heck it was running so hot. So I trusted his software from the get go. The latest version, manual and everything else is linked from his thread on the overclock forums: https://www.overclock.net/threads/new-clocktuner-for-ryzen-ctr-2-1-rc5.1773637/#post-28640188

Just FYI. And I'll be flashing that Beta anyhow, seeing as I just wasted good time writing this instead of checking if anyone's got any issues flashing it to a spanking new X570-F to be paired with a CPU-MONSTER.

This is a screenshot from this morning when I was trying the software out for myself:

Perpetratorn wrote:
[Edit] tl;dr Was certainly in order here; CHECK this out! https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/clocktuner-2-for-ryzen-(ctr)-guide,1.html [/edit]

Now, I'm here because I'm trying to find out if it's safe to flash my soon-to-be-arriving X570-F with the 3801 BIOS-beta published on 2021/04/28, just hoping to have a hassle free time installing the 5900X that's also arriving today.

But I can't help but stick my nose in here. Have you tried the 1usmus AMD optimisation software? It seems to be doing absolute wonders with Ryzen-CPUs , both Zen 2 and Zen 3 as I understand it. It's called CTR 2.1 RC5, at least that's the latest version. I found it yesterday as I was looking about ads for Ryzen 5 3600 CPU's on a local forum, since I'll be selling mine too when I've got the 5900X working confidently. Anyway, I saw that someone had used that program to determine that theirs was a "Golden Sample CPU", and thus asked a higher price for it.

Clever.

I know my 3600 was a good bin, so I figured I'd try it. And man, it did absolute wonders! I could run it okay at maximum all core ~4.200-4.300GHz without going crazy with the vcore, and it was always too hot with Ryzen Master and PBO, imho. 1usmus little program mangled my CPU for a bit and got the feel for it, and ended up giving me a completely safe OC at about 4.475GHz, doing it properly (like PBO and Ryzen Master should!) with 6 different stages and differentiating between different workloads, a true optimized OC. I suggest you check it out, I will for sure be running my R9 5900X thru it the first thing I do. CTR 2.1 got my CB R20-score up from about 3800 on a good day (with only intermittent bluescreens that is), to a comfortable 4000+-range, all the while drawing less power and staying cooler.

I used 1usmus Ryzen Balanced Power Plan when I first got my 3600 a little over a year ago, when I was trying to figure why the heck it was running so hot. So I trusted his software from the get go. The latest version, manual and everything else is linked from his thread on the overclock forums: https://www.overclock.net/threads/new-clocktuner-for-ryzen-ctr-2-1-rc5.1773637/#post-28640188

Just FYI. And I'll be flashing that Beta anyhow, seeing as I just wasted good time writing this instead of checking if anyone's got any issues flashing it to a spanking new X570-F to be paired with a CPU-MONSTER.

This is a screenshot from this morning when I was trying the software out for myself:

Stop using that program dude CTR, every test is giving you different results , sometimes is gold your cpu sometimes silver, bronze etc, don't waste your time, it is not acurate at all! I do everything manual, change something, then test, that's it!
GPU: Phantom GS 4080
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Asus Strix X670E-F
Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR5 6000MHz CL30(CMK32GX5M2B6000Z30)
Current resolution: 3440x1440 LG34GP950
Operating system: Windows 11 23H2