ROG Member Array

BIOS 3604 for Asus ROG Strix X570-F?

Hi, I currently have version 3801 (beta) installed two weeks ago, and before I had version 3603. But now you have released a new version 3604, and 3801 has a new date of 28.04.2021. Should I install version 3604? Reinstall 3801?

Thanks.

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar

BIOS revision 3801 contains the latest 1.2.0.2 AGESA. Unless experiencing any problems there's no reason to downgrade.

ROG Member Array

No problems so far, I'm about a 5%-7% low when compared with some CPU-Z or Cinebench benchmarks but that happened with previous BIOS too.

Let me ask you a question, is Asus Optimal setting in EZ-Mode in BIOS a good idea? I've just activated and now I have a 4.2 GHz fixed clock in all 12-cores with very very good temps and less that 1,1 Volts.

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by splash90 View Post
    No problems so far, I'm about a 5%-7% low when compared with some CPU-Z or Cinebench benchmarks but that happened with previous BIOS too.

Let me ask you a question, is Asus Optimal setting in EZ-Mode in BIOS a good idea? I've just activated and now I have a 4.2 GHz fixed clock in all 12-cores with very very good temps and less that 1,1 Volts.
    Depends largely on the workload and may impact your single threaded performance, but these chips can benefit from undervolting. You'd need to test performance for your use case.

ROG Enthusiast Array The_Tick PC Specs
    The_Tick PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rog Strix X570-F
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 5800X
    Memory (part number)Gskill pc 3600 cas 14
    Graphics Card #1Asus TUF gaming 3080 OC
    Sound CardSound Blaster AE5
    MonitorAcer predator 27" IPS 165Mhz
    Storage #1Samsung 960 pro
    Storage #2WD 2T Blue SSD
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110i 280MM
    CaseCorsair 780T
    Power SupplyEVGA 1200 watt G2
    Keyboard Perixx 1100 back lit
    Mouse Logitec G9 gaming mouse
    Headset Astro A40
    Headset/Speakers Logitech 5.1 400W speakers
    OS Windows 10 64 bit
    Network RouterAsus mesh

Asus Rog Strix X570-F

The last good bios for my board is Version 3405, any bios in the 36xx range for the Asus Rog Strix X570-F causes my 5800x to throttle badly which lowers performance a lot and is not good for the chip.

Let me explain more, when using the 3405 bios I can run prime 95 all day long and temps stay between 70-80C. All cores run at around 4.75G
    With any 36XX bios when I start prime 95 within seconds the chip is at 90C and major throttling starts along with cpu utilization on 4-5 cores dropping to zero.
    All cores in curve optimizer are set to neg 15 except for one which will only go to neg 10

Voltage in Ryzen master for all bios's show 1.39 - 1.41 when running.

In my case any 36XX bios heats my chip up and causes major performance issues. It will take a lot to move me off of the 3405 bios it works perfectly for my setup.

I have a good AIO 280MM water cooler on the cpu It's a Corsair H110i. I put high quality 140MM fans on it much better than the ones that came with it.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by The_Tick View Post
    The last good bios for my board is Version 3405, any bios in the 36xx range for the Asus Rog Strix X570-F causes my 5800x to throttle badly which lowers performance a lot and is not good for the chip.

Let me explain more, when using the 3405 bios I can run prime 95 all day long and temps stay between 70-80C. All cores run at around 4.75G
    With any 36XX bios when I start prime 95 within seconds the chip is at 90C and major throttling starts along with cpu utilization on 4-5 cores dropping to zero.
    All cores in curve optimizer are set to neg 15 except for one which will only go to neg 10

Voltage in Ryzen master for all bios's show 1.39 - 1.41 when running.

In my case any 36XX bios heats my chip up and causes major performance issues. It will take a lot to move me off of the 3405 bios it works perfectly for my setup.

I have a good AIO 280MM water cooler on the cpu It's a Corsair H110i. I put high quality 140MM fans on it much better than the ones that came with it.

[Edit] tl;dr Was certainly in order here; CHECK this out! https://www.guru3d.com/articles-page...)-guide,1.html [/edit]

Now, I'm here because I'm trying to find out if it's safe to flash my soon-to-be-arriving X570-F with the 3801 BIOS-beta published on 2021/04/28, just hoping to have a hassle free time installing the 5900X that's also arriving today.

But I can't help but stick my nose in here. Have you tried the 1usmus AMD optimisation software? It seems to be doing absolute wonders with Ryzen-CPUs , both Zen 2 and Zen 3 as I understand it. It's called CTR 2.1 RC5, at least that's the latest version. I found it yesterday as I was looking about ads for Ryzen 5 3600 CPU's on a local forum, since I'll be selling mine too when I've got the 5900X working confidently. Anyway, I saw that someone had used that program to determine that theirs was a "Golden Sample CPU", and thus asked a higher price for it.

Clever.

I know my 3600 was a good bin, so I figured I'd try it. And man, it did absolute wonders! I could run it okay at maximum all core ~4.200-4.300GHz without going crazy with the vcore, and it was always too hot with Ryzen Master and PBO, imho. 1usmus little program mangled my CPU for a bit and got the feel for it, and ended up giving me a completely safe OC at about 4.475GHz, doing it properly (like PBO and Ryzen Master should!) with 6 different stages and differentiating between different workloads, a true optimized OC. I suggest you check it out, I will for sure be running my R9 5900X thru it the first thing I do. CTR 2.1 got my CB R20-score up from about 3800 on a good day (with only intermittent bluescreens that is), to a comfortable 4000+-range, all the while drawing less power and staying cooler.

I used 1usmus Ryzen Balanced Power Plan when I first got my 3600 a little over a year ago, when I was trying to figure why the heck it was running so hot. So I trusted his software from the get go. The latest version, manual and everything else is linked from his thread on the overclock forums: https://www.overclock.net/threads/ne...#post-28640188

Just FYI. And I'll be flashing that Beta anyhow, seeing as I just wasted good time writing this instead of checking if anyone's got any issues flashing it to a spanking new X570-F to be paired with a CPU-MONSTER.

This is a screenshot from this morning when I was trying the software out for myself:
    Last edited by Perpetratorn; 05-25-2021 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Added tl;dr

ROG Member Array Silent84 PC Specs
    Silent84 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus X570-F
    ProcessorRyzen 3900X
    Memory (part number)Corsair Pro 16GB 3200MHz
    Graphics Card #12080TI
    Monitor2xDell S2721HGF
    Storage #12xIntel 660p 512GB
    Storage #2Samsung 860 1TB
    CPU CoolerArctic Liquid Freezer II 360
    CasePHANTEKS ECLIPSE P600S Black
    Power SupplySeasonic PX 750 Platinum
    Keyboard Logitech G512 Carbon Tactile
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset ASUS ROG Strix GO 2.4
    Mouse Pad HyperX Fury S Pro Speed Edition XL
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z333

Quote Originally Posted by Perpetratorn View Post
    [Edit] tl;dr Was certainly in order here; CHECK this out! https://www.guru3d.com/articles-page...)-guide,1.html [/edit]

Now, I'm here because I'm trying to find out if it's safe to flash my soon-to-be-arriving X570-F with the 3801 BIOS-beta published on 2021/04/28, just hoping to have a hassle free time installing the 5900X that's also arriving today.

But I can't help but stick my nose in here. Have you tried the 1usmus AMD optimisation software? It seems to be doing absolute wonders with Ryzen-CPUs , both Zen 2 and Zen 3 as I understand it. It's called CTR 2.1 RC5, at least that's the latest version. I found it yesterday as I was looking about ads for Ryzen 5 3600 CPU's on a local forum, since I'll be selling mine too when I've got the 5900X working confidently. Anyway, I saw that someone had used that program to determine that theirs was a "Golden Sample CPU", and thus asked a higher price for it.

Clever.

I know my 3600 was a good bin, so I figured I'd try it. And man, it did absolute wonders! I could run it okay at maximum all core ~4.200-4.300GHz without going crazy with the vcore, and it was always too hot with Ryzen Master and PBO, imho. 1usmus little program mangled my CPU for a bit and got the feel for it, and ended up giving me a completely safe OC at about 4.475GHz, doing it properly (like PBO and Ryzen Master should!) with 6 different stages and differentiating between different workloads, a true optimized OC. I suggest you check it out, I will for sure be running my R9 5900X thru it the first thing I do. CTR 2.1 got my CB R20-score up from about 3800 on a good day (with only intermittent bluescreens that is), to a comfortable 4000+-range, all the while drawing less power and staying cooler.

I used 1usmus Ryzen Balanced Power Plan when I first got my 3600 a little over a year ago, when I was trying to figure why the heck it was running so hot. So I trusted his software from the get go. The latest version, manual and everything else is linked from his thread on the overclock forums: https://www.overclock.net/threads/ne...#post-28640188

Just FYI. And I'll be flashing that Beta anyhow, seeing as I just wasted good time writing this instead of checking if anyone's got any issues flashing it to a spanking new X570-F to be paired with a CPU-MONSTER.

This is a screenshot from this morning when I was trying the software out for myself:
    Stop using that program dude CTR, every test is giving you different results , sometimes is gold your cpu sometimes silver, bronze etc, don't waste your time, it is not acurate at all! I do everything manual, change something, then test, that's it!