cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z590 Glacial - USB port’s issue

badjz
Level 7
I seem to be having an issue with 3 x USB ports, they are simply not working... they did work intermittently when I first setup the mobo, but have since stopped.*

I’m running a fresh install of windows with all the latest drivers/bios installed...

I can live with the issue, but wondering if their is an obvious fix that I can apply/attempt...*

All other ports are working perfectly..*

Any troubleshooting steps would be appreciated *
12 REPLIES 12

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Can you show which ports on the board don't appear to be working?
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

badjz
Level 7

It’s the 4 that I have circled in red - the 2 by the HDMI port and the 2 by the lan ports

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Thanks for that.

Can you give me your specification and upload a DXDIAG, please? (Type Dxdiag into Windows Search, open DXDIAG and click save information)

Have you changed anything since the ports stopped working?

What are you plugging into the rear I/O?

What devices are you plugging into those ports specifically?

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Thanks for that.

Can you give me your specification and upload a DXDIAG, please? (Type Dxdiag into Windows Search, open DXDIAG and click save information)

Have you changed anything since the ports stopped working?

What are you plugging into the rear I/O?

What devices are you plugging into those ports specifically?

I dont have a Glacial but I do have the M13E and I am runnning into a similar issue.
Fresh windows10 pro install
32GB Ram
Samsung NVME

if you connect more than 2 USB devices, the systems seems to hang. Its not hung up, its the usb stops working.
I thought I figured it out, thinking it was my mouse, but then swapping to different mouse seemed to clear up the issue, but then it moved on to keyboard, then usb sound bar, than any other usb device.

I am getting an error in device manager that says:
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

The USB hub failed to reset.

Here is a link to my Google Drive for the text file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mZ9nsDsdlWeoUWAS03hvT64trBYlwgJT/view?usp=sharing

NorySS wrote:
I dont have a Glacial but I do have the M13E and I am runnning into a similar issue.
Fresh windows10 pro install
32GB Ram
Samsung NVME

if you connect more than 2 USB devices, the systems seems to hang. Its not hung up, its the usb stops working.
I thought I figured it out, thinking it was my mouse, but then swapping to different mouse seemed to clear up the issue, but then it moved on to keyboard, then usb sound bar, than any other usb device.

I am getting an error in device manager that says:
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

The USB hub failed to reset.

Here is a link to my Google Drive for the text file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mZ9nsDsdlWeoUWAS03hvT64trBYlwgJT/view?usp=sharing

I wanted to add, that I disconnected all my USB devices one by one. And the Error for the USB hub in device manager goes away when no USB device is connected.
If I only connect my mouse, Hub Error

If I only connect my keyboard, Hub Error

If I only connect my sounbad, Hub Error....
Etc Etc

This is the 2nd M13Extreme I've had an issue with. First one would actually give WHEA errors, for the USB Controller. 'Advanced Error Reporting' .
Newegg replaced it since it was only a few days old.

This issue does not happen with either one of my laptops or Asus Strix X570-i motherboard.

badjz
Level 7
I haven't changed anything

I have 4 x usb devices (see below) and a network cable plugged into the rear I/O

I have 2 x fan/rgb controllers and 2 x usb hubs...

DXDIAG - I cant seem to upload, keep getting an invalid file error...

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
No worries, will pm.

Hopper64
Level 15
I’m having similar issues with my M13EG too. The USB ports seem to work intermittently. Same ones as outlined. I haven’t loaded windows on this build yet. Is there a fix for this? I even got a message on boot that the machine will shut down in 15 seconds due the usb overload. Just had connected 2 Samsung T5s via the USB C ports. Removed those an problem solved. Never had this issue with other boards, like my R6EE. Connecting them in different ports also seems to alleviate the problem too.

I also question whether my problem is simply due to not having windows installed yet with the appropriate windows drivers. *
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

badjz
Level 7
I haven’t resolved the issue yet.*

Fresh install won’t fix it, I have done that twice and the problem persists…

I have also never got a notification to suggest their is a USB overload…