cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z270E mobo - how to change case fan curve via Windows

Live_Ammo
Level 10
Hi,

I usually pop into the Qfan control in BIOS to get things sorted. I was wandering if it's safe to use ASUS's windows application to do the same? In the past I heard it's always recommended to apply overclock settings via BIOS - does the same apply for fan settings?

Also which ASUS utility/application do I need for setting fan profiles? I have the Z270E mobo. Mobo driver/tools link: https://rog.asus.com/uk/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-z270e-gaming-model/helpdesk_download

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

Live_Ammo
Level 10
Anyone?

xeromist
It shouldn't really be a problem to run fan controls in Windows. A fan profile isn't going to create instability like an overclock could. The only issue you might experience is if the software hasn't loaded your system will default to the BIOS profile. So I'd recommend setting up a rough idea of what you want in the BIOS and then use the software to make live adjustments to the fans.

To find the software you would click on See All Downloads under the Utility section and scroll for the AI Suite. Other software might do the job but that is the software ASUS provides if you want it.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…