cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x570 Prime not respecting PBO2 limits.

axiumone
Level 11
Trying to figure out if I'm doing something wrong, or if it's a bug in the bios or software. Here are the screenshot of the setup.

If I set the limits in AI Tweaker PBO, then the limits are respected. If I leave AI Tweaker PBO to just enabled and try to set the limits in PBO2, incorrect settings are displayed in Ryzen Master. This is on 3801 Bios.

4 REPLIES 4

Ichigeki
Level 8

frufru
Level 7
axiumone wrote:
Trying to figure out if I'm doing something wrong, or if it's a bug in the bios or software. Here are the screenshot of the setup.

If I set the limits in AI Tweaker PBO, then the limits are respected. If I leave AI Tweaker PBO to just enabled and try to set the limits in PBO2, incorrect settings are displayed in Ryzen Master. This is on 3801 Bios.

I have a similar issue with my x570 Prime Pro. Just upgraded from a 3700x to a 5900x and tried to play with the Curve Optimizer settings. PBO set to auto in the Asus section, Fmax disabled, AMD overclock set to advanced but for some reason it seems that my settings are mostly ignored. I say mostly because if I set an all core negative 25 in the BIOS the voltage is lower but in in Windows Ryzen Master shows the default values and if I do multicore or single core Cinebench run and the results are exactly the same as if I set PBO to disabled.

Doco
Level 9
I posted this before on reddit about a month ago - edited so it makes sense here- hopefully it helps -

I have the Dark hero but trying to change the tdc edc ppt limits in the amd overclocking section of the motherboard wouldnt actually result in those limits raising - my edc/tdc/ppt limits would changed if I altered them in the extreme overclocking tab (same location as the dynamic overclocker option on my board)

I would look to see if your bios is like my own - where it has 2 separate places to enable PBO and change settings, one that works and one that doesn't (as in my case)
i7-2700K @ 1.33v 4.6ghz/ Asus Maximus Extreme IV-Z
Nzxt Phantom + Nzxt Havik 140
His IceQ7950 3G/Corsair VX550
Finally Updated to Windows 7! :cool:

for me it's like the images in the first post, most settings are overlapping in the two sections but curve optimizer is only present under Advanced/AMD overclocking