Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
    Mouse Pad Steelseries
    Headset/Speakers KRK RP8
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterFritzbox
    Accessory #1 Native instruments Kontol S61 MK2

Does what comes Extra in the box Makes sense to you

It's always nice seeing extra stuff included with the product you buy
    And there are sometimes things like A key-chain or coaster included that while nice might never make sense

However there are sometimes things included that might be useful but still make you wonder why they were included with the product you bought

The idea behind this topic is to maybe get some answers to why these things are included from The people at Asus
    it's also impotent to point out why it doesn't make sense and what would have been a better option in your opinion
    it might also give people an Opportunity to provide other things that might been missing

So let me start off with my experience that was rather odd to me
    So I got myself a Maximus XIII Extreme and it came with a some really nice stuff
    But the thing that stood out to me was the 3 way ARGB Gen2 Splitter And the RGB Extension Cable
    The Confusion to me was that the board itself only has 1 RGB Header and 3 ARGB Gen2 Headers
    But the Board also comes with A Fan Controller That has another 6 ARGB Gen2 Headers (But it needs to be connected to 1 on the board)
    Giving it a total of 8 ARGB Gen2 ...
    A 3 way RGB splitter and A ARGB Extension Cable would have made a lot more sense to me since there is only one RGB Header on the board

Also A little thing that I was surprised not to see being included were some very short thermal probe cables
    it includes 3 85 cm (33.5 inch) Long Cables (1 to connect directly to the board and 2 to connect to the Fan Controller)
    However it includes A Dimm.2 Card that also has 2 thermal probe connectors
    2 Small 5 cm (2 inch) cables would have been nice to come included to use with that
    I am aware that I can use the included cable but the length of that one makes it really difficult to use on there
    ASUS Maximus 13 Extreme
    Intel i9 11900K
    Corsair Dominater Platinum RGB
    Phanteks Enthoo Primo
    Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
    2 X Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
    Corsair AX1200I
    EK-Velocity D-RGB - Nickel + Plexi
    EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 PWM Serial - (incl. 2x pump)
    XSPC RX480 + XSPC RS280
    4 X Corsair SP120 PWM OEM Fans
    2 X Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-2000 IP67 PWM
    2 X Noctua NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap
    2 X Noctua NF-S12A PWM chromax.black.swap
    1 X Noctua NF-A15 HS-PWM chromax.black.swap

ROG Guru: White Belt Array DjRavix PC Specs
    DjRavix PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XIII Extreme
    ProcessorIntel i9 11900K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominater Platinum RGB (c
    Sound CardFocusrite Scarlett 18i8 MK2
    MonitorSamsung SyncMaster S22B350 (X2)
    Storage #1Samsung 980 Pro
    CPU CoolerEK Velocity
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Primo
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200i
    Keyboard Logitech K800
    Mouse Pad Steelseries
    Headset/Speakers KRK RP8
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterFritzbox

Quote Originally Posted by geneo View Post
    I liked the ROG keychain. Don't care why.

Got a nice little PWM heat sink fan with my Hero XII for the VRM. Don't know why, the passive VRM heatsink runs very cool on this board so it is not useful. Repurposed it.

The ROG stickers are pretty useless.

Speaking of temperature sensors, here is something that bugs me. Why do the Asus MB temperature sensors readout discretely as integers instead of continuously? Sure that may be their accuracy, but...
    I think the Fan is for people that like to push it to the extreme but it's not the board that people would use for that (on Apex boards this would make more sense)
    The stickers can be useful to some extent as they also include Sata Cable Labels on them giving you a way to know what Sata port the Cable is connected to
    The Fan stickers are more for if you have fans with generic labels on them that do not look that good
    The rest of the stickers are not making a lot of sense to me ether

About the temperature sensors readout ... I think that constant readouts would require More processing ...
    in fact I notice that a lot of devices use this way of reading out temperatures since it seems more efficient
    it also seems like it responses a bit quicker when there are larger temperature changes
    ASUS Maximus 13 Extreme
    Intel i9 11900K
    Phanteks Enthoo Primo
    Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
    2 X Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
    Corsair AX1200I
    XSPC RX480 + XSPC RS280

ROG Guru: White Belt Array DjRavix PC Specs
    DjRavix PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XIII Extreme
    ProcessorIntel i9 11900K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominater Platinum RGB (c
    Sound CardFocusrite Scarlett 18i8 MK2
    MonitorSamsung SyncMaster S22B350 (X2)
    Storage #1Samsung 980 Pro
    CPU CoolerEK Velocity
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Primo
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200i
    Keyboard Logitech K800
    Mouse Pad Steelseries
    Headset/Speakers KRK RP8
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterFritzbox

Quote Originally Posted by geneo View Post
    Well, I guess I didn't think I would have to defend what I wrote, after all you were inviting people.
    Why are you making assumptions about how far I have pushed my system? I have pushed it pretty high and there is no strain on the VRM. Kind of seems like a snobbish response to me.
    Stickers used for labeling rip off too easily
    Corsair temperature readout is not discrete for instance.Just Asus cheaping out I guess. I see no noticeable change in "response" time.
    Don't get me Wrong here ... I agree that it is something silly that should make more sense when included with a more Extreme overclocking board that is Geared toward Extreme overclocking like the APEX boards (Most of the time when I see people do that they have fans aimed towards the VRM heatsink)

the Fractal Design case and EK AIO in your PC Specs gave me that your not into Extreme overclocking

I actually was not aware that the stickers they use now are that bad that they just rip off (Did not get to using mine atm)

Corsair is indeed a lot more responsive but to me it's not continuously
    However I think that Asus could indeed learn a thing or 2 from the way Corsair does this kind of things
    Specially since I been using the Combination of there Products For almost 2 Decades

Look don't get me wrong but some people might have a different opinion about these things

and I am pretty sure that somebody will eventually say something about the ARGB Splitter that was included with the board I have ...

Sometimes other peoples opinion might make us think about why something might or might not have been included
    ASUS Maximus 13 Extreme
    Intel i9 11900K
    Phanteks Enthoo Primo
    Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
    2 X Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
    Corsair AX1200I
    XSPC RX480 + XSPC RS280

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Im good so long as I have what I need. The rest just stays in the box.....and there is a lot of it. I think the only thing I took out was the MOBO, the DIMM.2, and the tool to get to the top memory retention brackets on the R6EE. The rest is still in the box. I didnt get a key chain.....now I fell left out. That I probably would have used. All the other swag like the stickers and coaster are pretty much useless but some folks will have that plastered all over their machine. Fan extension card is also useless to me mostly because the ASUS fan control is less than desirable to put it lightly. Bluntly the hysteresis sucks. I run aquaero products for that. It can control min - max fan speed with only a 4C spread and does it to perfection. I tried the corsair commander and its no better than the ASUS up and down and up and down and up and down.....annoying. I do use Corsair RGB though as it actually works. I gave up on Aura, now Crate and replaced my core keyboard with a K100 and spatha mouse with a Dark core RGB pro. To each his own. The only thing that isn't synched up and I just leave it on a static color is my PG35VQ monitor. The corsair even has a plug in for the MOBO now so I can control it with Ique. The rest is gone and has been replaced.