Thread: RGB Assistance

New ROGer Array

RGB Assistance

I am trying to wire 12 Deep Cool RGB fans, 3 Phanteks neon strips, and the cooler has rgb as well. I am using a Cooler Master hub for the rgb power and getting signal from the MB and running Armory Crate. It seems too much for the hub to handle and I have had to unplugs some rgb fans to make it work. Is there a hub that I can use that has a higher current rating for 5v addressable rgb??

Any assistance is appreciated...

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Radio_Dude View Post
    I am trying to wire 12 Deep Cool RGB fans, 3 Phanteks neon strips, and the cooler has rgb as well. I am using a Cooler Master hub for the rgb power and getting signal from the MB and running Armory Crate. It seems too much for the hub to handle and I have had to unplugs some rgb fans to make it work. Is there a hub that I can use that has a higher current rating for 5v addressable rgb??

Any assistance is appreciated...
    You can use a hub for each ARGB port on your MoBo (If you have more than 1), or you can split one port with a argb splitter cable and use one hub for each terminal.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseburger View Post
    You can use a hub for each ARGB port on your MoBo (If you have more than 1), or you can split one port with a argb splitter cable and use one hub for each terminal.
    I only have one header and I originally tried a splitter into two powered hubs and it did not want to work. When I first brought the system up it would not work at all. It then started to work when I unplugged one of the hubs. Now I just run three fans static in the top of the case but I really want them all to sync. This seemed to be a simple thing but I could really use some assistance now.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_7849.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	187.9 KB 
ID:	88655
    Last edited by Radio_Dude; 05-11-2021 at 03:16 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Radio_Dude View Post
    I only have one header and I originally tried a splitter into two powered hubs and it did not want to work. When I first brought the system up it would not work at all. It then started to work when I unplugged one of the hubs. Now I just run three fans static in the top of the case but I really want them all to sync. This seemed to be a simple thing but I could really use some assistance now.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_7849.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	187.9 KB 
ID:	88655
    You can use one hub as slave of the other, this way should work with no problems.

ROG Member Array

Did it finally work?