cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RGB Assistance

Radio_Dude
Level 7
I am trying to wire 12 Deep Cool RGB fans, 3 Phanteks neon strips, and the cooler has rgb as well. I am using a Cooler Master hub for the rgb power and getting signal from the MB and running Armory Crate. It seems too much for the hub to handle and I have had to unplugs some rgb fans to make it work. Is there a hub that I can use that has a higher current rating for 5v addressable rgb??

Any assistance is appreciated...
5 REPLIES 5

Cheeseburger
Level 8
Radio_Dude wrote:
I am trying to wire 12 Deep Cool RGB fans, 3 Phanteks neon strips, and the cooler has rgb as well. I am using a Cooler Master hub for the rgb power and getting signal from the MB and running Armory Crate. It seems too much for the hub to handle and I have had to unplugs some rgb fans to make it work. Is there a hub that I can use that has a higher current rating for 5v addressable rgb??

Any assistance is appreciated...

You can use a hub for each ARGB port on your MoBo (If you have more than 1), or you can split one port with a argb splitter cable and use one hub for each terminal.

Cheeseburger wrote:
You can use a hub for each ARGB port on your MoBo (If you have more than 1), or you can split one port with a argb splitter cable and use one hub for each terminal.

I only have one header and I originally tried a splitter into two powered hubs and it did not want to work. When I first brought the system up it would not work at all. It then started to work when I unplugged one of the hubs. Now I just run three fans static in the top of the case but I really want them all to sync. This seemed to be a simple thing but I could really use some assistance now.

Radio_Dude wrote:
I only have one header and I originally tried a splitter into two powered hubs and it did not want to work. When I first brought the system up it would not work at all. It then started to work when I unplugged one of the hubs. Now I just run three fans static in the top of the case but I really want them all to sync. This seemed to be a simple thing but I could really use some assistance now.

You can use one hub as slave of the other, this way should work with no problems.

Did it finally work?

Hello.
I have a Maximus XI Formulae motherboard and it got 2 ARGB header and 2 RGB headers. I have used all the ARGB header and they all work fine. Recently I bought a 12V/4 Pin LED strip and I fixed it to one of the RGB headers in my motherboard. It works perfectly. But it gets synced with Aura sync. I want to control the RGB and ARGB devices separately. Even the RGB headers are not listed in the devices of Armory Crate app. Is there any way for the RGB header to opt out of Aura Sync?
A help would be much appreciated.