cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XIII Hero - Losing LAN connection

Zeroed85
Level 8
I'm frequently losing my LAN/Ethernet connection with the XIII Hero. Unplugging the Ethernet cable and re-plugging it usually restores the connection. I've tried reinstalling the LAN drivers but this continues.
2 REPLIES 2

thomas_yiu
Level 9
Hello Zeoed85
Did you disable and enable LAN in bios? Did you replace ethernet cable? Did you try another port on the router/switch please?

Thomas
Sincerely,
TY

thomas_yiu@ROG wrote:
Hello Zeoed85
Did you disable and enable LAN in bios? Did you replace ethernet cable? Did you try another port on the router/switch please?

Thomas

Hello,

Both LAN ports are enabled in the BIOS. I recently replaced my ethernet cable with a brand new CAT6 cable. I wonder if the issue is related to the WFC firewall software I use. The software has an option called Secure Boot. What this does is block all network connections until the user manually enables them. The issue I have is once I've enabled the network connection through the software the connection doesn't start. I have to unplug and re-plug the ethernet cable to the motherboard LAN port to get the connection to start. I guess I could disable the software and see how the LAN behaves without it..