cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750jx Not detecting 5 ghz wifi network

amitabhbansal
Level 7
Friends*
I am using G750jx laptop, with windows 10, my all other devices are connected with 5 ghz wifi, but in this asus rog laptop its only showing me 2.5 ghz wifi signal, its not detecting 5ghz, it has qualcomm atheros wifi adapter, is it not compatible with 5 ghz? Or i am doing something wrong? Please help
Thanks*
4 REPLIES 4

xeromist
You may want to try setting up two separate SSIDs on your router/ap. If the laptop still doesn't see the SSID for the 5ghz network you may want to try another channel or channel width. I know I have some older devices that have limited band support and I cannot use certain bands if I want them to function.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

amitabhbansal
Level 7
Can you please guide me how to do this channel thing? i am using apple time capsule router and apple airport extreme😊

xeromist
Unfortunately I don't know anything about the airport's config interface. Some access points don't even have this level of configuration. I'd recommend googling for airport extreme channel selection or settings to see if you can find any useful documentation. I think most ap's allow you to set up a separate ssid for each frequency so that might be the first thing to try.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
We may also want to look into the wireless adapter specs more since not all the G750JX wireless adapters support 5ghz from what I'm seeing.

You may want to check if you can see the wireless adapter model in device manager or check if there is an 'advanced' tab in the device manager wireless adapter properties which shows you the different wireless frequencies that are available for your wireless card.
If it's being used, the AZWAVE/AW-NB097H wireless card is only able to support 2.4Ghz wireless from what I'm seeing.