cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11900K All cores manual overclocking help / Maximus Hero XIII

Seth_Anton
Level 8
Hi

Is there any guide/suggestions for 11900K manual overclocking at 5.1ghz all cores and 5.3ghz ( 2 cores)
So far i used Adaptive boost enabled with multicore enhancement ( enabled/removed all limits)
The best option to have 5ghz ( all cores ) on R23 on multi-stress load was only when i used AI overclocking.
Should i keep this setting or start making a manual overclocking with no offsets and avx to 0.

Just upgraded from 8700k which i delidded successfully and reached 5.2ghz stable with 1.4 vcore, but 10th and 11th gen Bios looks more complicate and for sure i need some help for manual overlocking.

Main purpose of overclocking : Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

thanks
Seth
Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition
10 REPLIES 10

Zorlac01
Level 7
I too am on the M HERO13, and an 11900K. After HOURS of overclocking I've reached the conclusion that AI optimized, with XMP 1 is NEARLY as good as manual per core OC'ing.
Do be advised that ABT ONLY works under 70C. In other words, it's USELESS for R23 and other 100% core stress tests or benches. During gaming you can see ABT in action quite often, because your cpu wont reach 70c. Disable it for benching. ALSO.. try disabling Speed shift, as this feature hands off power limiting to the OS. Nobody likes a throttling cpu because WINDOWS gets fussy.. Did you get a decent silicon 11900k??

Zorlac01 wrote:

Do be advised that ABT ONLY works under 70C. In other words, it's USELESS for R23 and other 100% core stress tests or benches.

I think you're confusing ABT with TVB. TVB should give you an extra bin below 70C but ABT should work up to 100C. I think there are some BIOS issues being worked out where ABT isn't kicking in with XMP profiles (see my thread about the Strix Z590-A) which fixes are being developed for.

Zorlac01 wrote:
I too am on the M HERO13, and an 11900K. After HOURS of overclocking I've reached the conclusion that AI optimized, with XMP 1 is NEARLY as good as manual per core OC'ing.
Do be advised that ABT ONLY works under 70C. In other words, it's USELESS for R23 and other 100% core stress tests or benches. During gaming you can see ABT in action quite often, because your cpu wont reach 70c. Disable it for benching. ALSO.. try disabling Speed shift, as this feature hands off power limiting to the OS. Nobody likes a throttling cpu because WINDOWS gets fussy.. Did you get a decent silicon 11900k??

Yes, i made also some tests with AI optimized and i had 5/5.1ghz all cores on full load with 2 cores reaching 5.3ghz. But is it safe to use AI optimized? I saw some high spikes on vcore like 1.47-1.5 voltage range. I am still trying to learn Z590 new bios ( just upgraded from Asus Formula X + 8700k) so i dont know where exactly are the speed shifts...

Regarding ABT as chrismog2_2 mentioned its not working 100% when XMP is enabled. You need to manually place memory timings/frequency etc.
Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

Zorlac01 wrote:

When you do AI optimized do you manually tweak anything or just from the default setting you enable AI Optimization and XMP, save and exit?

Zorlac01
Level 7
yes, TVB, my mistake. I use AI optimized for gaming always. Temps are good, and like you, lots of 5.3s Run R23 with AI, XMP 1, ABT enabled. your temps shouldn't go over 92..

16.192 multi core score, Vcore 1.332 under load temps package bumped 92, settles at 88. A bit warm, but I do ONLY gaming on this rig. I'm also using Corsair's H100i pro XT.
You're on latest bios right?

Are you on manual voltage with AI optimized? 1.32vcore is ultra low.
Will check again but i remember i had some high-spikes of 1.4/1.47 on v-core with dynamic ( offset) voltage.
I am using latest bios( 0707) + i am also with Corsair cooling - H150i pro

Zorlac01
Level 7
In my experience with AI, it cannot work properly with STATIC ANYTHING. Leave voltage on AUTO and LLC at AUTO as well. It will keep training until it BSODS. If it overdoes anything, it'll reset back to it's previous stable settings. SPIKES in that range are normal, it's sustained voltages that can POSSIBLY do harm. Check your voltages and temps at load. Remember, AI is trying to BETTER your system, until you tell it to stop... STOP training in BIOS. WISH I HAD the H150i NICE! Hey, what's you silicon prediction?

SP:85 / cooler 175pts

AI optimized with Cinebench R23 at multi-core stress reached 84C max temp. My main issue is not temp but the ultra-high v-core usage.
On Microsoft Flight Simulator i saw some 1.5 - 155 vcore spikes with sustained voltages near to 1.4/142
Returned back to default with XMP enabled + ABT enabled + Multicore enhancement Enabled ( remove all limits )
Also i didn't see any big difference on fps to be honest with AI enabled

SirOli
Level 7
There are two points that may confuse you.

The 11900k is showing very high CoreVids at overclocking above 5g. CoreVid is not Vcore.

The second point is the big Vdroop of this CPUs at OC. When I set 5,2G allcore @1,4V Vcore with very strong llc (llc7) the real Vcore drops to ~1,3V in CB23.
My Vids are above 1,5V Values but the real Vcore is 0,2V lower.

You can measure this with DMM at the measering points of the board or you can see this in the monitoring of eg. HWMonitor. You have to look at Vcore not at the Vids.

If your real Vcore is above 1,5V thats too high for 24/7.
I guess your real Vcore under heavy load is in the 1,30-1,40V range, wich is no problem at all.