cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-F BIOS 0708 has no RAID SATA mode select option

tremton
Level 7
I have a Z590-F motherboard wiht two M.2 Samsung SSD 980 PRO card. I installed the two SSD cards to M.2_1 and M.2_2 slot. The motherboard test passed without any problem both SSD (Advance\NVMe controller and Driver information menu).

I read this documentation https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/13MANUAL/E16322_RAID_Configuration_Guide_EM_V5_WEB.pdf and try to setup the configuration guide.
I set the SATA Mode Selection (RAID Doc 1.1.3.2) to Intel RST Premium With Intel Optane System Acceleration (RAID).
I can not enable (RAID Doc 1.1.3.3 M.2 part) M.2 PCIE Storage RAID Support, because this option are missing in the Advanced > PCH Storage Configuration menu.
The Boot > CSM (Compatibility Support Module) (RAID Doc 1.1.3.4) is inactive and disable at the Boot > CSM (Compatibility Support Module) menu. I can not change it, but this is the recommendation.
The missing SATA Mode Selection at the Advanced > PCH Storage Configuration menu is problem of the motherboard or it is a BIOS software or some kind of configuration problem?

The parts would be:
ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-F BIOS 0708
Intel I7-11700
2 x M.2 Samsung SSD 980 PRO 256GB

Best regards,
tremton
3 REPLIES 3

Blake1
Level 10
Hello Tremton,
The Samsung SSD you use is PCIe NVMe interface, right?
Could you tired the third point of RAID Doc 1.1.3.3
Advanced>CPU Storage Configuration>set all corresponding PCIE slots to "Hyper M.2 X16" or "PCIE x4 SSD Cards"
and see if it works and you can proceed RAID?
Thank you.

Hello Blake@ROG,

Thanks your reply.

The BIOS ADVANCED menu does not have CPU Storage Configuration option. I attached the BIOS pictures from the advanced menu.

Best regards,
Trenton

Quincy
Level 7
Hello,

Did you get an answer for this problem?

Have a good day