cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura sync question

Megascrypt
Level 7
Guys!!

Can anyone with personal experience (Not speculations or what you might have heard) can you please confirm if the new Asus boards with "Aura Sync" ASUS ROG Maximus XII Extreme is just an example, I'm referring to all Asus RGB boards, can you completely turn the RGB's off through Bios or you need to install Aura Create or Armoury Crate.

I have always used Asus's Workstation boards mainly due to the stealth looks and durability and this time around I was going to get either the x299 Sage Pro II or the Sage Pro 10G but, for one, I can't find it anywhere and two, they don't have onboard usb2 headers which is needed for me for Aquaeros Aquasuite.

Anyways, I am not going to install Asus's software to disable the RGB's so I will only consider their board if I can turn them off via Bios.

Thank you very much
2 REPLIES 2

DjRavix
Level 10
Megascrypt wrote:
Guys!!

Can anyone with personal experience (Not speculations or what you might have heard) can you please confirm if the new Asus boards with "Aura Sync" ASUS ROG Maximus XII Extreme is just an example, I'm referring to all Asus RGB boards, can you completely turn the RGB's off through Bios or you need to install Aura Create or Armoury Crate.

I have always used Asus's Workstation boards mainly due to the stealth looks and durability and this time around I was going to get either the x299 Sage Pro II or the Sage Pro 10G but, for one, I can't find it anywhere and two, they don't have onboard usb2 headers which is needed for me for Aquaeros Aquasuite.

Anyways, I am not going to install Asus's software to disable the RGB's so I will only consider their board if I can turn them off via Bios.

Thank you very much

in case of the Maximus XIII Extreme you are able to turn Aura off from within the Bios (This will Probably also be the case with the Glacial version)

I do have to add that if you install armory Crate you are able to turn it on from the software
ASUS Maximus 13 Extreme
Intel i9 11900K
Corsair Dominater Platinum RGB
Phanteks Enthoo Primo
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
2 X Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Corsair AX1200I
EK-Velocity D-RGB - Nickel + Plexi
EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 PWM Serial - (incl. 2x pump)
XSPC RX480 + XSPC RS280
4 X Corsair SP120 PWM OEM Fans
2 X Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-2000 IP67 PWM
2 X Noctua NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap
2 X Noctua NF-S12A PWM chromax.black.swap
1 X Noctua NF-A15 HS-PWM chromax.black.swap

Thanks for your response and answer. Yes I realize I can turn ON/OFF via software, but I literally I dislike it so much that If I have to chose RGB's and Armoury Crate I will go different brand. I have Strix 3090 and as much is I love the card I hate the RGB's, so I only installed Aura Create just to turn them off and uninstalled every folder and registry related to Aura except parts that keeping RGB's off. Eventually I will take the card apart just to disconnect the RGB plug so I don't have to install any part of Armoury Crate.

Thank you