cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Keris wireless sensor lagging while ROG Strix GO 2.4 is on

OzN389
Level 7
Hi guys, today i bought a rog keris wireless, and I found, that if I have other active wireless devices ( i've a rog strix go 2.4 headset ) the mouse sensor begins to lag/stutter. Is there any fix for this? When I turn on the headphones, and some audio is playing, the mouse will lag/stutter! It's like they're using the same wireless channel... I'm shocked :eek:
5 REPLIES 5

xeromist
The only thing you can do is try to move the receivers closer to the devices. Some wireless devices I own actually come with a USB extension so the receiver can be located closer to where the device will be used.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
The only thing you can do is try to move the receivers closer to the devices. Some wireless devices I own actually come with a USB extension so the receiver can be located closer to where the device will be used.

Ok, i'll try... Nothing like this has ever happened with other devices... I am surprised that in these price ranges, there can be problems of this kind.

I'm not the only one with this problem, and it doesn't depend on my wireless headset. This is apparently a known problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGnm-SD5-Q0&t=425s&ab_channel=WARHURYEAH

On minute 4:05, this guy is explaining the issue and he have no wireless devices connected ( i asked to him ). I hope someone from Asus reads this post, defective products have been sold for a while now (gpus, monitors, and now mice), very poor quality control. Or maybe could be driver/firmware issue?

xeromist
You might consider exchanging at the shop if you think this unit is faulty. If it's just interference to which the Keris is particularly susceptible there may not be anything you can do. Unfortunately wireless interference can come from many sources, some of which people might not expect which can make it hard to pin down. Certain wireless frequencies get stomped on by microwave ovens, for example.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
You might consider exchanging at the shop if you think this unit is faulty. If it's just interference to which the Keris is particularly susceptible there may not be anything you can do. Unfortunately wireless interference can come from many sources, some of which people might not expect which can make it hard to pin down. Certain wireless frequencies get stomped on by microwave ovens, for example.

Unfortunately, it's not about a faulty unit ( i returned an asus gladius II wireless before ), it's a issue of asus rog wireless mice, several people have had the same problem. It is impossible to understand what the cause of the interference is, but I have used razer and logitech mice in the past, without any kind of problem or signal interference... I think is just unacceptable for a 99 € mouse...