cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus rog strix ga15dh no signal on monitor

hexagon767
Level 7
Hi,

I have a problem with my computer. Sometimes it happend now around 4 times, when i start my computer i get "no signal" on my Monitor. My RGB light have a red light and the fans is kicking in( i think its my CPU fan) but it just shows no signal.

I cant even turn of the computer, nothing happens. I must cut the power and then i start up the computer again but with no problems at all. This happend very rarley though, but is not fun at all and i getting to start to worry about this. Its not the monitor, because it happend also when i had the computer connected to the my TV before.

I gaming a lot and everything works great, but this problem i dont know what cause this.

Specs: CPU AMD ryzen 5 3600
GPU RTX geforce 2060 super

The things i have tried:

Open op the computer to see so all the cables was put in properly. Everything looked great.

Drivers are up do date.

I can see that my BIOS version is American Megatrends Inc. GA15DH.303, 2020-11-18

I dont know if its a BIOS problem mabey? But what i can see it dont exist any newer version?

And i have connected a DP cable back on the computer for the slot for my graphic card(so its not connected to the motherboard), i have also try HDMI. Same problem.

Can anybody help me? Any tips and ideas what this problem can be? 😞
4 REPLIES 4

BigJohnny
Level 13
Disable windows fast start up.
Start>settings>system>power and sleep> on the right side additional power settings>choose what the power buttons do>change settings that are currently unavailable then untick the Turn on fast start up. Save changes and done. The fast start up is really more of a hydrid hibernate and uses the same file on the drive even "hiberfil.sys" that gets bigger with how much memory you have. It dumps whats active to this file along with the kernel and then just loads that back into the memory. Problem is if their is a problem you are just reloading it intead of getting a fresh boot. The is especially prevalent on laptops and it either does what you described or hangs shutting down. In the end even if it is working correctly it might save 1 second on boot time if that.

Personally I always disable that and I also dont use hibernate or sleep. When Im done I save what Im working on and close everything out then shut down. When I hit the power button with that garbage disabled its a fesh boot and fresh load of drivers and OS every time. If its enabled it just reloads the problems.

BigJohnny wrote:
Start>settings>system>power and sleep> on the right side additional power settings>choose what the power buttons do>change settings that are currently unavailable then untick the Turn on fast start up. Save changes and done. The fast start up is really more of a hydrid hibernate and uses the same file on the drive even "hiberfil.sys" that gets bigger with how much memory you have. It dumps whats active to this file along with the kernel and then just loads that back into the memory. Problem is if their is a problem you are just reloading it intead of getting a fresh boot. The is especially prevalent on laptops and it either does what you described or hangs shutting down. In the end even if it is working correctly it might save 1 second on boot time if that.

Personally I always disable that and I also dont use hibernate or sleep. When Im done I save what Im working on and close everything out then shut down. When I hit the power button with that garbage disabled its a fesh boot and fresh load of drivers and OS every time. If its enabled it just reloads the problems.

Hi!

Thank you very much for your reply! I have disable Windows fast start up now. Going to update in a few days again here how its going, hopefully this will work!

Big thanks!

hexagon767 wrote:
Hi!

Thank you very much for your reply! I have disable Windows fast start up now. Going to update in a few days again here how its going, hopefully this will work!

Big thanks!

Hello again!

I have tested to have the computer of for like 2 days, and have done that a few times. And the problem seems like its gone! 😄 Thank you very much for your solution! You are a star!

Best Regards.

BigJohnny wrote:

Hi,

A few days back the problem with no signal did appear again:( It has worked without any problem for months now. Can it be something else then?

Please help me.

Best regard,