cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What RAM?

OnderoCZE
Level 7
Hello. What RAM would you recommend for my AMD Ryzen 9 5950X processor and ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VIII DARK HERO motherboard? Thank you
5 REPLIES 5

xeromist
If you don't get a direct answer you can browse the AMD 500 series forum and look at the PC specs of some of the folks there:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?292
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
OnderoCZE wrote:
Hello. What RAM would you recommend for my AMD Ryzen 9 5950X processor and ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VIII DARK HERO motherboard? Thank you🙂

Hello,

Really depends on your budget and the capacity needed.

GSKILL Neo kits are still one the best options due to GSKILL's vigorous hand binning. Look for anything in the 3400-3666 range. Anything beyond this can often require manual tweaking and a good CPU when running 1:1 FCLK.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

I wish 64GB. But in the qvl sheet I found only 32GB, 4x8 3600mhz.

Any ram will work provided its the right type, DDR4 in this case, QVL lists are by no means exhaustive, I wouldn't put much, or really any importance on them with a Ryzen 9 processor. Some of the older Ryzen processors however..........

OnderoCZE wrote:
I wish 64GB. But in the qvl sheet I found only 32GB, 4x8 3600mhz.

64GB density at 3600 and beyond is tough on the fabric, so expect some manual tweaking. There are plenty of kits out there that aren’t validated, however. Stick with GSKILL.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090