samsung 980 pro m.2
samsung 970 evo m.2
sabrient rocket Q4 m.2
Sabrient rocket plus m.2

Gskill Royal 128Gb

EKWB cryo TEC

2 corsair commander
2 corsair lighting modules

It will display bios screen through gpu at boot, then loses it in windows. It will show in device manager and says it cannot start device properly. I can disable and then enable and it will show working correctly, but still no display. reboot/restart cycle starts over. every once in a while it will load and work correctly. It feels like some kind of conflict, but I cannot find it. I've tried reseating, verifying power connections, updating bios seemed to make it worse(707), but cannot find the previous bios to revert back to, only 605 which gave other issues. the 704 bios seemed to work the best but cannot find it to revert back to it. Still think there is some kind of conflict. Any thoughts?
8 REPLIES 8

DjRavix
Level 10
have you tried uninstalling and cleaning out the drivers ???

and after a reboot reinstall the latest drivers from the Nvidia website ???
ASUS Maximus 13 Extreme
Intel i9 11900K
Corsair Dominater Platinum RGB
Phanteks Enthoo Primo
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
2 X Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Corsair AX1200I
EK-Velocity D-RGB - Nickel + Plexi
EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 PWM Serial - (incl. 2x pump)
XSPC RX480 + XSPC RS280
4 X Corsair SP120 PWM OEM Fans
2 X Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-2000 IP67 PWM
2 X Noctua NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap
2 X Noctua NF-S12A PWM chromax.black.swap
1 X Noctua NF-A15 HS-PWM chromax.black.swap

I have, no luck

Ataemonus
Level 11
Yes, in short, you have too many M.2 drives and the PCIe lane sharing is fubar probably, hence the PCIe x16 slot is affected.

Ataemonus wrote:
Yes, in short, you have too many M.2 drives and the PCIe lane sharing is fubar probably, hence the PCIe x16 slot is affected.

In this case I would recommend looking into GPU-Z to see the Bus Interface
As far as I know this should be at x8 or Higher for Nvidia GPU's
This to confirm if you are M.2 Drives are indeed the cause the issue
ASUS Maximus 13 Extreme
Intel i9 11900K
Phanteks Enthoo Primo
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
2 X Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Corsair AX1200I
XSPC RX480 + XSPC RS280

Ataemonus
Level 11
I think it's more than that, not just that the second m.2 slot cuts down the GPU's PCIe lanes from 16 to 8, but I think the entire PCIe lane allocation is fubar in this case. Clearly, BIOS dependant.

I just re-flash the 704 BIOS. I did that and it worked. Didn't check if the BIOS skip it or not. I remember it did downgraded back to earlier version. No harm done either ways.

Sumuzu wrote:
I just re-flash the 704 BIOS. I did that and it worked. Didn't check if the BIOS skip it or not. I remember it did downgraded back to earlier version. No harm done either ways.

If you do that always do a Cmos reset before and after you downgrade the bios to ensure settings are at default values
Might have been something that was changed in the Newer bios that could not be changed back in the older one
ASUS Maximus 13 Extreme
Intel i9 11900K
Phanteks Enthoo Primo
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
2 X Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Corsair AX1200I
XSPC RX480 + XSPC RS280

thomas_yiu
Level 9
Onefastmini2002 wrote:
Maximus HERO XIII
I9-11900k
Strix 3090

samsung 980 pro m.2
samsung 970 evo m.2
sabrient rocket Q4 m.2
Sabrient rocket plus m.2

Gskill Royal 128Gb

EKWB cryo TEC

2 corsair commander
2 corsair lighting modules

It will display bios screen through gpu at boot, then loses it in windows. It will show in device manager and says it cannot start device properly. I can disable and then enable and it will show working correctly, but still no display. reboot/restart cycle starts over. every once in a while it will load and work correctly. It feels like some kind of conflict, but I cannot find it. I've tried reseating, verifying power connections, updating bios seemed to make it worse(707), but cannot find the previous bios to revert back to, only 605 which gave other issues. the 704 bios seemed to work the best but cannot find it to revert back to it. Still think there is some kind of conflict. Any thoughts?

Hello,
Sorry to hear that.

Please kindly note : M.2_2 shares bandwidth with PCIEX16_1 and PCIEX16_2. When M.2_2 is enabled, PCIEX16_1 will run at x8 mode and PCIEX16_2 will run at x4 mode. Please go to BIOS -> Onboard Devices Configuration -> M.2_2 Configuration ->
PCIEX16_1 + PCIEX16_2 _ M.2_2 Mode;
Sincerely,
TY