cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage IV extreme RAM issues

rwb97
Level 7
Hi,
First off, id like too say i'm new to this forum, so if I make any mistakes, please correct me.

I have been using ROG/ASUS AMD motherboards for a while now and since I like them so much, I decided to use one for my first Intel build. However for some reason things seem to be going wrong. I have a 1000W novatech PSU, a rampage IV extreme, an i7 3820, 8GB corsair Vengance (CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9) and an ati 4550 (please excuse this it is only temporary lol).
I cannot get it to boot. When trying to POST, the DRAM LED lights up, the POST counter pauses at 61 before going to AF. I have tried using MemOK, but to no avail, however the POST counter pauses at 65 instead of 61 before going to AF, which I cannot seem to find in the user guide. I have also tried using only 1 stick, but the same results, and I have tried using the 2nd BIOS, but the problem persists.

I have tried the ASUS live chat but there doesn't ever seem to be anyone available, so I sent an email but have not had a reply for nearly a week :confused: maybe shutting down for easter.

So, I would be extremely grateful if anyone can help me, as I have saved up long and hard for this build :eek: and know that ROG boards really are great.
RAMPAGE IV EXTREME BF3
i7 3820
2X4GB CORSAIR VENGANCE
GTX 670
4 REPLIES 4

Shamino
hihi sorry to hear that its the bios being too old for the new 3820
you know how to do usb flashback?

Shamino wrote:
hihi sorry to hear that its the bios being too old for the new 3820
you know how to do usb flashback?

Hi Shamino,

erm don't u have to be able to get into the bios for that? I have used BIOS Flasback on a few older boards, but im probably wrong.

Thank you very much for your quick reply!

Edit: Ahah! it appears I am wrong, I will give it a go. Again thanks so much for your fast reply!!
RAMPAGE IV EXTREME BF3
i7 3820
2X4GB CORSAIR VENGANCE
GTX 670

Shamino
yea theres a youtube video somewhere i just need to find the link you rpolly able to search for it on youtube as well

Shamino wrote:
yea theres a youtube video somewhere i just need to find the link you rpolly able to search for it on youtube as well

Well It seems to have worked, I cannot thank you enough!! However:rolleyes: The VGA and V1_VCORE LED's are now coming on during POST hmmm POST counter keeps coming up with different things.

I guess ill do some testing in different slots and different cards (should have a gtx680 soon 🐵 so mayb it will work with PCI-E 3.0

Thanks so much.

Edit: GPU is working, forgot to turn on the PCI-E lanes LOL!!! V1_VCORE still not working. Hmmmm.
RAMPAGE IV EXTREME BF3
i7 3820
2X4GB CORSAIR VENGANCE
GTX 670