cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Maximus XIII Hero: Two Questions

iFredn
Level 7
Good morning,

after fiddling around with the Board and the 11900K for a week I have 2 questions:

First: It seems that after loading the XMP-Profile ABT will not work - I have never seen a core going above 4.9 GHZ. I Have GSkill 4266 17-18-18-38 1.5V-Ram. Is this a known problem with the latest BIOS or did I miss something?

Second: The onboard soundcard connected via optical cable to a DTS-Receiver doesnt produce a DTS or Dolby Digital signal, no matter what I try to set. Is this a known problem or are there any workarounds?

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

Saltgrass
Level 13
I am certainly no expert on this, but as far as ABT, make sure you have a High Performance Power profile set. I have seen my system go to 5.6 GHz during game play, but I do not overclock..

Most of the sound issues revolve around what you are outputting to. Does the system recognize your Receiver as a 5.1 or 7.1 system? Can you share a model number for the receiver?
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Seth_Anton
Level 8
iFredn wrote:
Good morning,

after fiddling around with the Board and the 11900K for a week I have 2 questions:

First: It seems that after loading the XMP-Profile ABT will not work - I have never seen a core going above 4.9 GHZ. I Have GSkill 4266 17-18-18-38 1.5V-Ram. Is this a known problem with the latest BIOS or did I miss something?

Second: The onboard soundcard connected via optical cable to a DTS-Receiver doesnt produce a DTS or Dolby Digital signal, no matter what I try to set. Is this a known problem or are there any workarounds?

Thanks

Check this thread:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?123897-Strix-Z590-A-BIOS-0704-to-0707-performance-hit&p=83...

You need to set OC tuner to Auto. ABT is not working when XMP is enabled. Set your ram timings/frequency + voltage manualy and it will work.
Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

xeromist
Does the audio control panel show DD or DTS? They are licensed technologies so not all motherboards have them as it would increase the price. If it didn't come with your board I believe you may be able to buy a license or just install a discrete audio card that comes with a license.

You should also be able to get 5.1 audio using the analog ports if you have analog inputs on your receiver.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

I am not able to set DTS or DDL in the Audio Control Panel. The question is: What license do I have to buy and where? No idea.

I may switch to a Creative Labs Soundcard though.

Regarding XMP: When I don´t activate XMP I run into a Bluescreen 1 Minute after Windows Bootup (Clock...thingie). I have to read up how it works and will try it though.

Thanks guys

xeromist
I'm not actually sure how the license works. I know I read something but it may have only applied to certain hardware that was "Ready" and just needed a license key. Sorry, wish I knew more.

Personally I went the route of a dedicated card so if I change the motherboard it doesn't change my audio setup.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Yeah. Seems to be the best way.

Regarding the ABT: I will gladly wait for the next bios (otherwise I fry my board 😄 ) - I read in an other thread that they are going to tackle the mentioned problem, so it can´t be long.