cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74sx 3De issues

v2abcd
Level 7
I just purchased my laptop from bestbuy online about 3 weeks back. I really love my laptop. But there seems to be a few problems.

1) Sometimes after the sleep/hibernate mode the Power4 Gear Hybrid stops working. I cannot change from battery saving to high performance etc nor can i change the brigthness of the screen.

2) My laptop most of the times freezes after the sleep mode and then i have to shut it down pressing the power button.

3) There seems to be a new touchpad driver on the asus support site. Its the synaptics touchpad driver. When i try to install it an error pops up saying "synaptics not found". Therefore i cannot change the touchpad driver and mouse seems to be a bit laggy.

4) Even after installing the new ATK driver and the new BIOS 2.0.3 my keyboard, well sometimes i miss a few letters while typing.

These are the few problems. Other than that the laptop is amasing. I know there have been similar posts regarding these issues but i have tried all possible solutions posted. But the problem is still there.

What do you think i should do? I have a 2 year service plan with bestbuy. Therefore should i send it for repair or should i ask for a replacement ? 🙂
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
With the sleep issues I would try changing the power settings to performance. Sometimes max battery settings don't wake up properly from what I've heard.

WRT the touchpad, you probably have a Sentelic since there are two different types ASUS uses.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

dstrakele
Level 14
Hi @v2abcd - I suspect you have a Sentelic toucchpad, rather than a Synaptics. Do you disable the touchpad when using the mouse?
What version touchpad driver is currently installed?

What version WiFi driver is installed?

What version video driver is installed?

Aside from the mouse, are there other peripheral devices attached to your laptop?

Here is what I've done to eliminate keyboard lag and missing keystrokes: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...ll=1#post44735

I'm unsure if you have the Atheros Wireless Network Adapter as discussed in Step 3. If you don't you can still run the DPC Latency Checker to eliminate latency on your system. This is a big part of eliminating keyboard lag/missing keystrokes.

If the above fail to resolve your missing keystrokes issue, it is likely a hardware keyboard problem and I recommend exchanging your laptop for a new unit.

Alternatively, http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?9245-Cause-of-unresponsive-sluggish-keys-on-G74 discusses how to shim problem keys for better performance.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT