Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshooting d.o.c.p while putting dram to 3600 mhz

rafaynaeem
Level 7
These are the spec of my computer
Spec:
Ryzen 7 5800x
Asus Rog Strix b550-E (Bios Version 2201 beta)
G. Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 8x2 DDR4 3600MHz F4-3600C18D-16GTZRX
MSI A850GF
I'm facing this issue on my ASUS B550-E gaming when I enable D.O.C.P and put my rams to 3600 MHz everything work fine my system boot up normally it doesn't matter how many time I restart my system it boot up normally but when I unplug my PSU and then turn on my pc it show DRAM light and don't show any display unless I clear CMOS or cold start my system.
And yes when I set to 3466 MHz every thing work fine even when I unplug my PSU and again plug it back everything work fine but still I want to use my rams to their full potential like at 3600mhz.
Does any one find the solution for this issue?
34 REPLIES 34

xeromist
After setting your RAM you should run HCI Memtest. Even if you can boot to Windows it may not be stable. If it's not stable you might need to try a different docp profile or manually tune your memory timings.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
After setting your RAM you should run HCI Memtest. Even if you can boot to Windows it may not be stable. If it's not stable you might need to try a different docp profile or manually tune your memory timings.

bro when I set to 3600 mhz my system is stable no reboot or no game crashes but after I unplug my psu and then turn on it won't boot I had to perform cold start to get in bios again or clear cmos from the board.

rafaynaeem wrote:
bro when I set to 3600 mhz my system is stable no reboot or no game crashes but after I unplug my psu and then turn on it won't boot I had to perform cold start to get in bios again or clear cmos from the board.

Booting to Windows doesn't mean stable and you might even get some stuff to run but have weird unexplained problems in the future. I'm telling you how to be sure but it's up to you. I always test like this after changing memory settings and I've sometimes gotten errors even when everything initially seemed fine.

If you do use HCI just make sure to run enough copies to fill up your memory. One copy only tests 4GB.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Booting to Windows doesn't mean stable and you might even get some stuff to run but have weird unexplained problems in the future. I'm telling you how to be sure but it's up to you. I always test like this after changing memory settings and I've sometimes gotten errors even when everything initially seemed fine.

If you do use HCI just make sure to run enough copies to fill up your memory. One copy only tests 4GB.

I have test my memory they are stable on 3600 MHz and my game don't crush but in the end if I unplug my Power supply this issue start again.
but still thanks for your help mate.

I have the same problem. My memory is perfectly stable in Windows, passes all imaginable benchmarks and memtest without any issues with DOCP enabled at 3200 MHz, but once I unplug the PSU, the PC refuses to boot and I have to reset it 3 times to get into BIOS and reapply the settings. Its a known problem with this board (there are many reports about it on this forum and on Reddit), but its been so long that Im not sure that its ever going to be fixed.

V-Driver wrote:
I have the same problem. My memory is perfectly stable in Windows, passes all imaginable benchmarks and memtest without any issues with DOCP enabled at 3200 MHz, but once I unplug the PSU, the PC refuses to boot and I have to reset it 3 times to get into BIOS and reapply the settings. Its a known problem with this board (there are many reports about it on this forum and on Reddit), but its been so long that Im not sure that its ever going to be fixed.

Right now I'm contacting Asus support for this issue as soon as I get my answer I will Update here.

rafaynaeem
Level 7
rafaynaeem wrote:
These are the spec of my computer
Spec:
Ryzen 7 5800x
Asus Rog Strix b550-E (Bios Version 2201 beta)
G. Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 8x2 DDR4 3600MHz F4-3600C18D-16GTZRX
MSI A850GF
I'm facing this issue on my ASUS B550-E gaming when I enable D.O.C.P and put my rams to 3600 MHz everything work fine my system boot up normally it doesn't matter how many time I restart my system it boot up normally but when I unplug my PSU and then turn on my pc it show DRAM light and don't show any display unless I clear CMOS or cold start my system.
And yes when I set to 3466 MHz every thing work fine even when I unplug my PSU and again plug it back everything work fine but still I want to use my rams to their full potential like at 3600mhz.
Does any one find the solution for this issue?

I have tried every thing setting manually and D.O.C.P auto but still facing this issue I wish Asus fix this issue with their new BIOS update.

rafaynaeem wrote:
I have tried every thing setting manually and D.O.C.P auto but still facing this issue I wish Asus fix this issue with their new BIOS update.

try, its old trabl(

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Sounds like the system isn't stable enough to pass a cold boot every time. Try increasing VSOC voltage. 3600 should scale to around 1.08v automatically depending on board and UEFI revision. You can try up to 1.15v and see if this resolves the problem.

rafaynaeem wrote:
I have test my memory they are stable on 3600 MHz and my game don't crush but in the end if I unplug my Power supply this issue start again.
but still thanks for your help mate.

Operating system stability and POST stability are intrinsically related but not one and the same. POST stress tests are designed to test integrity in a way that looks for signals encroaching on one another. If the system was able to POST on an unsuccessful POST stress test, the system would be unstable
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090