cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peculiar problem with PG279Q using both HMDI & DP inputs

etacarinae
Level 9
HI,

So I have 3 PG279Q displays (quite old now, I know, not a fan of the ROG logos and bezel bulge on the newer monitors) and the third I have both the HDMI and DP inputs active, each from two different computers. Three DP connect the PG279Q to my main rig and one HDMI on the third PG279Q inputs my other rig. Any time I switch to HDMI on the third PG279Q and leave it for longer than 30 minutes, the display disconnects the DP input and only gives the main rig 2 DP displays. I've turned off DP & HDMI Deep Sleep on all 3 monitors. I've configured all monitors to never turn off in power settings. I've configured the computer to never sleep.

This leads me to believe it's the firmware in the monitor itself that is switching off DP.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Intel Core i9 10980XE | ASUS RAMPAGE VI EXTREME ENCORE | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | 128GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3000MHz C14
Intel Optane 905P 1.5TB HH PCIe | 2*4TB Samsung EVO 860 | 8TB Sabrent Rocket Q NVMe | 4*14TB Seagate Ironwolf Pro
Corsair AX1600i | EK-AIO 360 D-RGB | Phanteks Enthoo Elite Satin Black | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | 3*ASUS PG279Q
Razer Mamba Elite | Razer Huntsman Elite / RAMA u80-A Lake
1 REPLY 1

xeromist
You might check if switching the monitors connections makes a difference. Is it the one connected as the 3rd or is it this specific monitor?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…