cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I turn off OC on a Crosshair Hero Vi x370 with a 3600x?

StrixM4ster
Level 7
Hi, I have:
- Ryzen 3600x
- Asus Crosshair Hero VI

Before I started my PC I did a cmos reset. In Idle I had like 50C and voltages up to 1.5v. The CPU was boosting up to 4.4 Ghz (only watching vids).
I looked into the Bios and saw, that all the OC stuff was enabled like PBO, performance bias etc.

Now I disabled PBO, Performance Enhancer, performance bias . I enabled Force oc mode disable.

Now the CPU is on 35 to 43 in idle and watching vids and its not boosting without reason.

But my question now is, did I miss some settings? I dont want to OC. And will the CPU still use his normal boost options or is it now locked at core performance?

Thx.
4 REPLIES 4

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

No, you haven't missed anything. If disabling PBO the CPU is constrained within stock TDP
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Thx. Can the CPU still use his normal boost clocks if needed? I only want the stock power + the normal boost (like my old Intel), no extra OC. What would be the best settings for that?

StrixM4ster wrote:
Thx. Can the CPU still use his normal boost clocks if needed? I only want the stock power + the normal boost (like my old Intel), no extra OC. What would be the best settings for that?

What you're currently using. The CPU will boost on it's own within the predefined power envelope
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Thank you. Can you maybe list me all the settings I need in the Bios for stock power and normal boost?
I want to be sure to have all correct.

Thank you

Edit:
I played yesterday a bit, and it only runs at stock now.