cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Monitor

odcgodcg
Level 7
Hi everybody how are you? I'm new in the forum.
I am looking for a pc monitor to buy, I am still not sure which one to choose, I saw a review that I found useful, but I would like to know which one you recommend.

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

Banditt1976
Level 8
Really depends on what you plan to use the monitor for. What resolution, refresh rate, other features do you want to have? Also your price range will make a big difference in what you get for your money.

Nate152
Posting in the ROG forum, I would think you want a gaming monitor.

Things to consider

Panel type

TN - High refresh rate, poor viewing angles, colors not as good as VA or IPS panels.
VA - Better color reproduction than TN, excellent contrast ratio, can be high refresh rate, has higher response time than TN, VA is basically a compromise between TN and IPS.
IPS - Excellent color reproduction and viewing angles, generally has a higher response time than VA or TN panels
Nano IPS - New and better color reproduction than IPS - An IPS monitor with a high refresh rate and low response time will be best, but will be the most expensive.

Refresh Rate - the higher the refresh rate the smoother your gameplay with no motion blur or screen tearing as long as you stay at or below the refresh rate.

Response time - For gaming, the lower the better. Response time is how fast your monitor reacts to mouse movement.

Connectivity - Preferably displayport

Curved or Flat

Aspect Ratio

Tell us a little bit about your pc. Your gpu is a big factor in determining which monitor to choose, do you plan on upgrading sometime in the near future?