Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by popel45 View Post
    I also do not understand why my Thread was deleted in the "Service-Related Inquiries" Forum.
    Read the sticky rules at the top of that section. You must have an existing RMA # to request an inquiry. That section is only to escalate an RMA gone wrong, nothing else.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

To me, looking at their statistics, they look pretty much the same yet, with RAM Memory, I seem to understand that even small differences can create issues, sometimes... and that is why, for DUAL Channel best functionality, Memory Manufacturers, I understand, usually sell "Paired up" KITs which are tested already to work smoothly in DUAL Channel Mode.
    A kit is best, yes, but unless you replace the existing stick on the back of the board the next best thing is whatever the manufacturer is offering in the same line. Theoretically the same line of memory should have a high likelihood of working together.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by xeromist View Post
    A kit is best, yes, but unless you replace the existing stick on the back of the board the next best thing is whatever the manufacturer is offering in the same line. Theoretically the same line of memory should have a high likelihood of working together.
    Although you are perfectly right... but this entire "likelihood of RAM problems" thing is IMHO strongly exaggerated.
    I have in mine G751JY two completely different vendors' RAM sticks, they have exactly the same parameters and I NEVER had any BSOD or other stability problems for YEARS.

Currently I have Samsung M471B1G73DB0-YK0 and Hyundai Electronics HMT41GS6BFR8A-PB and all is rock stable and in dual channel. So my personal advice to popel45 is: please stop writing elaborates and stop making theoretical PhD over RAM upgrade and do some tests as many suggested you before...

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctrum View Post
    Although you are perfectly right... but this entire "likelihood of RAM problems" thing is IMHO strongly exaggerated.
    I have in mine G751JY two completely different vendors' RAM sticks, they have exactly the same parameters and I NEVER had any BSOD or other stability problems for YEARS.

Currently I have Samsung M471B1G73DB0-YK0 and Hyundai Electronics HMT41GS6BFR8A-PB and all is rock stable and in dual channel. So my personal advice to popel45 is: please stop writing elaborates and stop making theoretical PhD over RAM upgrade and do some tests as many suggested you before...
    Well, I was expecting to get from ASUS Technical Support a "range" of Memory Modules compatibilies for this ROG Laptop, like a Compatibility Table or Chart, but what they told me was that such information was not available to them, which surprised me to say the least as in the past I had MSI Motherboards and they did have their Memory compatibilities Charts and Tables so, I found it strange to hear that ASUS had none available, at least for this particular, high end expensive ROG Laptop.

And they told me to use, for this particular ASUS Laptop model, either SAMSUNG M471A2K43CB1-CTD 2666 DDR4 SODIMM 16 GB memory Modules or HYNIX HMA82GS6CJR8N-VK 2666 DDR4 SODIMM ones.

Since I was having a hard time to find these (apparently, to my understanding, the SAMSUNG Module by that code has gone out of Production) I DID ask whether, for example, 2666 DDR4 SODIMM 16 GB 260 Pin CRUCIAL Memory that I could more readily find, was usable, but they told me that they could not suggest using Memory Modules other then the ones suggested.

I would assume that, since ASUS Designed and Built these Laptops, that they are the ones who most know how they work, right ?
    Therefore, if the advice their customers to use and only use certain Memory, that must be for good reasons.

Furthermore, my MAIN issue is not which memory to use to go from the current, "factory istalled" 16 GB to 32 GB in Dual Channel Mode, but, rather, the fact that I am incapacitated to easily and reasonably upgrade this particular high end, expensive ROG Laptop to its full 64 GB Memory Capacity in DUAL Channel Mode by what I find to be a "severe" and very limiting Design, that decided to place 2 of the 4 DIMM bank slots on the "back" of the Motherboard, at a location only accessible after disassembling the Laptop, removing its Cooling System (and consequentially having to re-apply all of the Thermal Paste on CPU, GPU and the other chips involved), and unscrewing the Motherboard.

A laborious and delicate work which could also have unexpected and unpredictable unfortunate consequences resulting in the damaging of a Laptop worth thousands of dollars.

The other complaint that I have, is that I have not been able to find out, at least from my Regional, Local ASUS Technical Support, what the "break down" of the 4 DIMM bank slots is. That is, which are the 2 slots pertaining to a Channel and which the other 2 pertaining to the other Channel.

It is inexplicable to me, how the official ASUS Technical Support, albeit the Regional, Local one for my area, would not be able to provide me with this much needed information about the hardware which they make.
    Last edited by popel45; 05-19-2021 at 11:09 PM.

Moderator Array

Hello popel,
    Yes, a RMA would be needed.
    The list that our local team provided to you are the ones we work with.
    If you send the device to them, you should be given a RMA number, 10 character/number, by that you and I can both track the case.
    And the RMA number can be a guarantee for you.
    If the shop you send to can't install the RAM, they should send it to our central factory.
    You can PM me regarding this process if needed.

Please do understand that we only provide compatibility table for DIY products,like motherboard, graphic card....as they are for "Do it yourself"
    and again we do not encourage hardware change for our laptop products.
    The RAM spec that our local team had told you are the ones we have tested and used, and that's all we can promise.
    I would say that buying the same spec from the same brand or other big brand would be also fine if that's what you want to hear.
    Let me know if there is any other question.
    Thank you.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

... disassembling the Laptop, removing its Cooling System (and consequentially having to re-apply all of the Thermal Paste on CPU, GPU and the other chips involved), and unscrewing the Motherboard.

A laborious and delicate work which could also have unexpected and unpredictable unfortunate consequences resulting in the damaging of a Laptop worth thousands of dollars.
    Hi, I believe it is doable to remove the motherboard without removing the cooling system, so without any re-pasting... Most of tear down videos removes all, but if you watch them carefully there is high hope it is actually doable. Cooling system is most of the times attached motherboard, not to motherboard and the chassis the same time. However I can't confirm it at your model since mine is G751JY... but at mine it is possible to do as I described.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Blake@ROG View Post
    Hello popel,
    Yes, a RMA would be needed.
    The list that our local team provided to you are the ones we work with.
    If you send the device to them, you should be given a RMA number, 10 character/number, by that you and I can both track the case.
    And the RMA number can be a guarantee for you.
    If the shop you send to can't install the RAM, they should send it to our central factory.
    You can PM me regarding this process if needed.

Please do understand that we only provide compatibility table for DIY products,like motherboard, graphic card....as they are for "Do it yourself"
    and again we do not encourage hardware change for our laptop products.
    The RAM spec that our local team had told you are the ones we have tested and used, and that's all we can promise.
    I would say that buying the same spec from the same brand or other big brand would be also fine if that's what you want to hear.
    Let me know if there is any other question.
    Thank you.
    Hi again, I sent you a Personal Message on this issue.

Please let me know, thank you so much again for your kind and exquisite help and availability.

I look forward to reading your reply to my Personal Message.
    Thanks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3