cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wake on LAN Bios Setting

edcoppen
Level 7
I have a ROG STRIX Z490-I GAMING and I want to use Wake on LAN.
There does not seem to be a relevant setting anywhere in the bios.
Please can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance
11 REPLIES 11

Saltgrass
Level 13
It is normally in the Device Manager Properties for the device and a Power Management tab..
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

I have enabled that already. I believe it needs to be specifically turned on in the BIOS but cant find the relevant setting. Any pointers to whether this MoBo supports it and/or where to find BIOS settings would most appreciated.

bscool
Level 11
I think it is under Advanced tab, Network Stack.

Also at the top of the bios there is a search tab in most bios now days.

Thanks, I will have another look in the BIOS when I am at the PC next week. Software side setting shared below:

Sadly I cant find it under network stack or anywhere else. Is wake on lan always supported or is there a chance this MoBo does not have that feature?

edcoppen wrote:
Sadly I cant find it under network stack or anywhere else. Is wake on lan always supported or is there a chance this MoBo does not have that feature?

Can I ask why you show to only allow a Magic Packet to wake the system? If you wanted to test if it wakes, uncheck that to see if it does.. If it does wake up, the command below should tell you what woke it..

powercfg /lastwake
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass wrote:
Can I ask why you show to only allow a Magic Packet to wake the system? If you wanted to test if it wakes, uncheck that to see if it does.. If it does wake up, the command below should tell you what woke it..

powercfg /lastwake

So I have two computers on the same network. One is always turned on, while the second is usually off. I want to use the first PC to turn the 2nd one occasionally. I know logmein supposedly supports this and they say to enable that setting here.

I guess I dont have to use logmein. Is there another program I could use to test this?

bscool
Level 11
Maybe try this https://youtu.be/MCizY0Iw8xY I have never used Wake On Lan so I am not sure.

bscool wrote:
Maybe try this https://youtu.be/MCizY0Iw8xY I have never used Wake On Lan so I am not sure.

Unfortunately I seem to have a different bios without that layout/option.