cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High temp while idle? ryzen 7 5800h

MadRain
Level 7
Hello there
I owned Asus ROG Strix G713QM with Ryzen7 5800H its my first laptop with ryzen and I wonder if 43-50C while Idle its normal? I set fans manual but even if its on 100%, temperature no change to much, its looks like something wrong with cooling system or Im wrong?
3 REPLIES 3

sebarkh
Level 9
MadRain wrote:
Hello there
I owned Asus ROG Strix G713QM with Ryzen7 5800H its my first laptop with ryzen and I wonder if 43-50C while Idle its normal? I set fans manual but even if its on 100%, temperature no change to much, its looks like something wrong with cooling system or Im wrong?

Up to 60 (when the fan boots in on default auto mode) it is totally ok.
As you can read in many sources "the two fans can completely switch off while the laptop runs on the Silent profile, as long as the CPU/GPU stay under 60 degrees C, leading to a quiet daily-use experience"

sebarkh wrote:
Up to 60 (when the fan boots in on default auto mode) it is totally ok.
As you can read in many sources "the two fans can completely switch off while the laptop runs on the Silent profile, as long as the CPU/GPU stay under 60 degrees C, leading to a quiet daily-use experience"

thanks for the answer, but somehow it surprises me that despite good cooling, the processor is not able to reach the temperature

no, in manual mode with both GPU and CPU in idle and both fans at ~1400rpm should give 40C or so, all depends on room temp.

check task manager what is running.

external monitor keeps GPU alive the whole time, so does enabling accelerated GPU (windows games setting), that heats a laptop too.