cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal USB Splitter/HUB?

Nonny
Level 10
Hello @ All,

here another "strnage" question : the R6E Encore has only 1 USB 2.0 internal connector so i had to sacrifice one USB 3.0 Tower Connector and plug the Delivered USB 3.0 --> USB 2.0 Adapter cable in , then i was thinking i could mabe "split" the USB with an internal HUB like the one from NZXT Internal USB splitter zu use my external USB tower ports AND the RGB corsair light node and i allready have a AIO Capellix 360 in the tower , and here it comes the nice magnetic looking NZXT is in the reviews not that well :

I read :

- Blow up
- Smoke comes out
- Damaged the USB connector on the MB
- Cover dropped dow becouse cheap made
- Molex connector (old Technices)
- worked only for short time then damaged
- Extra power cable was melting ..

ok ok , that looks not that good to me , here my question :

Is it recommendable to use a splitter and what would be a good solution for this ? What splitter is save to use ? i ask for some experience because i dont know now what to do or maybe better i dont do it ...

My Idea is the following: I want to connect AIO Corsair Capellix (Commander core USB 2.0), and a Lighting NODE core for the RGB fans extenson (USB 2.0) AND my USB 3.0 Tower Ports (without the Delivered 3.0 to 2.0 Adapter cable , then i would have to "Split" the USB connector into 2 connectors but the internal NZXT made mi fear to damage the system :eek:

Thanks for ANY help and yor time Reading my Question
With friendly Greetings
Nonny
4 REPLIES 4

G75rog
Level 10
There are a number of internal usb hubs of differing configurations available on Amazon, Newegg, and Ebay.
I believe it incumbent that you peruse the offerings and make you own choice of which one best fits your requirements.
You'll be proud of your selection and not blaming any members here if you don't like the outcome.

G75rog wrote:
There are a number of internal usb hubs of differing configurations available on Amazon, Newegg, and Ebay.
I believe it incumbent that you peruse the offerings and make you own choice of which one best fits your requirements.
You'll be proud of your selection and not blaming any members here if you don't like the outcome.

Thanks for the Answr ,

i am not looking for some to make resposable i am more asking for some experience , should i look better for some with extra power or maybe no extre power ? like i say before mybe i should not read to much reviews 😄 ....

Greetings
Nonny

G75rog
Level 10
I personally prefer one powered from a PSU power cable and not from the USB port.

Nonny
Level 10
Hello G75rog,

i think so to , becuause is for the RGB fans and so on should be better with extra power , i ill look for one with SATA power connector ... i already looked yesterday and there are a lot, well i need to see what should be a good one , i like the look from the NZXT with manetic base , but i dont know what these people did to this HUB so the power cable was melting? was it bad quality or maybe they didnt use it correctly ?? Thanks for the Answer again , i keep reading here , maybe someone has the NZXT internal Hub and can tell me is it ture that isnt a good idea or maybe its good for the corsair lihging core, i belive this lightning core is not drawing to much power ...

With friendly greetings
Nonny

EDIT: Ok I made now a proud decision and i belive it fits the needs im wanted i will go for corsair commander pro it has allready 2 USB included so when this is not working i know who to blame 😄 , but i think its not the cheapest solution but maybe the savest , some reviews on more compfotable solutions i dont like , so is think best is stay with the brand what its made for so case is closed ! 😉

With friendly greeting
Nonny