cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After ram upgrade MHz is 2133 instead of 2933

developeralp
Level 7
Hello all,

I have Asus TUF Gaming FX506LU-HN122, the laptop came with an 8GB ram(running in 2933 MHz).

Today I just bought and inserted my second ram (8GB-3200 MHz ram by Kingston kvr32s22s6/8).

I opened my laptop and when I look at the task manager, it says I have 16GB ram installed but they are working in 2133 MHz...

I also looked at XMP setting in BIOS but I couldn't find anything

So, what should I do?
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
Because the memory is mismatched it's running at a lower default in order to ensure stability. You want to get a module that closely matches the original memory, or even better you want to replace the memory with a matching kit.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Because the memory is mismatched it's running at a lower default in order to ensure stability. You want to get a module that closely matches the original memory, or even better you want to replace the memory with a matching kit.

I just returned that ram today, because it was 3200 MHz, and it supposed to work at 2933 MHz.

This was a Kingston 8GB Ram, but it appears as a fake ram when I checked it with Kingston's Product Identification.