cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

long black boot up screen after windows logo * fixed.......

gilbert
Level 10
i have a g74sx-bbk8, and this were my steps to fix my long boot up black screen , first of all get the drivers from asus , i have intel centrino ultimate n 6300 CARD and i use _v15.0.1.1 from asus website ( http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G74Sx&p=3&s=336), MAKE SURE TO INSTALL ALL OF THE DRIVERS IN SAFE MODE EXCEPT CHIPSET , INSTALL CHIPSET IN CMD MODE. test your boot up time after you install all of the drivers and after you install 3rd party apps that may cause black long boot again. in my case ccleaner was causing the long boot up so i had to uninstall it , this is the order i flash my drivers . hopefully i can help someone out there .

1.- set up bios.

2.- RUN WINDOWS 7 INSTALL .

3.- CHIPSET _9.3.0.1019

4.- IRST (INTEL RAPID STORAGE TECHNOLOGY)_ V10.1.0.1008

5.- VGA _ V8.17.12.6837

6.- FRESCO USB 3.0_ V3.5.30

7.- REALTEK HD AUDIO _V6.0.1.6564

8.- TOUCH PAD _ V9.1.3.5 I HAVE SENTELIC

9.- REALTEK LAN _7.44.421.2011

10.- REALTEK CARD READER_ V6.1.7600.10001

11.- WLAN I HAVE INTEL SO _V15.0.1.1

12._ ATK PACKAGE _ V1.0.0015
G74SX-BBK8
i7 2670QM
16GB 1600MHz
NVIDIA GTX 560M 2GB
120GB KINGSTON HYPER X SSD
INTEL CENTRINO ULTIMATE-N 6300
17 REPLIES 17

dstrakele
Level 14
You're creating a thread to report an issue that is resolved? Man! You are in the wrong forum! ;>{)>

+1 @gilbert! Seriously, I enjoy seeing these because they DO help other people and can be referenced as solutions in other threads...

I would've never suspected CCleaner of causing this issue just by running (unless it automatically cleans the registry in the background....).

I must admit that though I've recommended CCleaner to resolve issues where driver remnants may be causing problems, I've never used it myself. Windows System Restore has always helped resolve any serious issues I've encountered - which have been few....but I've got an ASUS laptop now!!! da - da- da - chhh!!! Thank you! Thank you! I'll be here all week..... :sound of crickets chirping
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

dstrakele wrote:
You're creating a thread to report an issue that is resolved? Man! You are in the wrong forum! ;>{)>

+1 @gilbert! Seriously, I enjoy seeing these because they DO help other people and can be referenced as solutions in other threads...

I would've never suspected CCleaner of causing this issue just by running (unless it automatically cleans the registry in the background....).

I must admit that though I've recommended CCleaner to resolve issues where driver remnants may be causing problems, I've never used it myself. Windows System Restore has always helped resolve any serious issues I've encountered - which have been few....but I've got an ASUS laptop now!!! da - da- da - chhh!!! Thank you! Thank you! I'll be here all week..... :sound of crickets chirping

No im creating a thread to share my findings , i thought i could help someone else by sharing how i was able to easily find what was causing the issue .

but seriously mod please delete if thread is not necessary .
G74SX-BBK8
i7 2670QM
16GB 1600MHz
NVIDIA GTX 560M 2GB

gilbert wrote:
No im creating a thread to share my findings , i thought i could help someone else by sharing how i was able to easily find what was causing the issue ...

I realize that, @gilbert. I was just kidding in the first sentence... you did good.

I guess I won't be quittin' my day job....
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

PILGRIM
Level 11
gilbert wrote:
...in my case ccleaner was causing the long boot up so i had to uninstall it...

Also glad you finally solved the problem.

I'm also using CCleaner, so I'm curious and concerned on how it caused your computer's long boot.
My understanding of CCleaner is that it is non-intrusive and has to be manually used.
Could you elaborate more on your findings on why you found it to be the culprit?..
ASUS G74SX-3DE

PILGRIM wrote:
Also glad you finally solved the problem.

I'm also using CCleaner, so I'm curious and concerned on how it caused your computer's long boot.
My understanding of CCleaner is that it is non-intrusive and has to be manually used.
Could you elaborate more on your findings on why you found it to be the culprit?..

well i been using my lapy without the issue since yesterday , and i have no idea why ccleaner is causing the long boot up, all i know is that as soon as i install it it causes the problem and as soon as i uninstall it the issue goes away, i dont even have to use it just by installing it .so i decided to not use it and i boot up in 19 seconds every time ..
G74SX-BBK8
i7 2670QM
16GB 1600MHz
NVIDIA GTX 560M 2GB

gilbert wrote:
well i been using my lapy without the issue since yesterday , and i have no idea why ccleaner is causing the long boot up, all i know is that as soon as i install it it causes the problem and as soon as i uninstall it the issue goes away, i dont even have to use it just by installing it .so i decided to not use it and i boot up in 19 seconds every time ..

I've tried to replicate your CCleaner issue. I let it to run at start up. Also let it to auto-update.
The G74 still boots up as fast as it was before. Verdict: it's still a helpful program (at least for me). 🙂
ASUS G74SX-3DE

PILGRIM wrote:
I've tried to replicate your CCleaner issue. I let it to run at start up. Also let it to auto-update.
The G74 still boots up as fast as it was before. Verdict: it's still a helpful program (at least for me). 🙂

i don't know what to tell you , in my case it keeps giving me the problem, I just tried it again after installing the latest vga driver 296.10 with same results..........it is a helpful program but in my case i can install it use it and then uninstall it to prevent long boot ups....
G74SX-BBK8
i7 2670QM
16GB 1600MHz
NVIDIA GTX 560M 2GB

gilbert wrote:
i don't know what to tell you , in my case it keeps giving me the problem, I just tried it again after installing the latest vga driver 296.10 with same results..........it is a helpful program but in my case i can install it use it and then uninstall it to prevent long boot ups....

Well, what's more important is that you found what's causing your troubles and eliminated it.:)
For some reasons, even a seemingly good program (i.e. CCleaner) can make problems.
Better be done away with it, in this case.
ASUS G74SX-3DE

BrodyBoy
Level 10
Just curious....

If you now believe a 3rd party app (CCleaner) was the cause of your issue, why the recommendation about driver sourcing ("get them from Asus") and the all-cap insistence on installing in safe mode?

Neither the driver sources nor installation method had any role in the problem you were having (further confirmed by the many other owners who have no issues due to driver source or install method), so it seems the solution for this specific problem is: DON'T ALLOW CCLEANER TO RUN AT START-UP. No?