cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help for activate resizable bar on asus G35CZ - RTX 3090

killllerman
Level 7
Resizable bar is AUTO (enable is not in the choice)

4G decoding is ON

CSM is disabled

BIOS IN UEFI

DRIVER GRAPHIC CARD (RTX 3090) UPDATED

I did not flash the bios of the card ....I downloaded the updated graphics card bios file from the Asus website and it tells me that I don't need to update.....

Please, help me
24 REPLIES 24

Demonslayer1968
Level 7
I have exactly the same issue with the "TUF" 3080 in my G35CZ. I contacted ASUS a couple months ago for a fix. I was really disappointed that the newly released bios "fix" doesn't do anything. There is really no reason for this problem, as other ASUS graphics cards appear to not have this issue (and had bios updates months ago). Considering we paid a premium for a pre-built system, you would think we would get at least the same, if not better support than those who bought just a graphics card get.

I have just downloaded this recently uploaded file and managed to update the vbios on my 3080 in g35dx. Try looking for something similar as apparently the rebar update will be uploaded to the desktop support site, not the gpu support.

https://rog.asus.com/desktops/full-tower/rog-strix-ga35-series/helpdesk_download

I tried that as soon as it was released for the G35CZ...doesn't work. I am sure they could fix this, as the motherboard in the G35CZ looks identical (same specs also) as the Z490-F. They wrote a custom bios for the G35...so we can't take advantage of the latest bios for the Z490-F, if that is what is causing this issue. Not sure...and I think ASUS no longer cares.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Demonslayer1968 wrote:
I tried that as soon as it was released for the G35CZ...doesn't work. I am sure they could fix this, as the motherboard in the G35CZ looks identical (same specs also) as the Z490-F. They wrote a custom bios for the G35...so we can't take advantage of the latest bios for the Z490-F, if that is what is causing this issue. Not sure...and I think ASUS no longer cares.

Apologize for the delay and consider working with your local ASUS support on it more if you think it can help, but feel free to work with me if you prefer.
If you have already updated the Vbios for the G35CZ RTX 3080, please provide the RTX 3080 driver version since this needs to be updated as well.

If you look under the Nvidia Control Panel, System Information, Display, it should have the driver version, Vbios version, and Resizable Bar status if you would just rather check there or provide a screenshot. Thanks.

Here is my info...as you can see, resizable bar is not activated. It would be great if this can get corrected.

[Display]
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit
DirectX version: 12.0
GPU processor: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
Driver version: 471.68
Driver Type: DCH
Direct3D feature level: 12_1
CUDA Cores: 8704
Resizable BAR No
Core clock: 1710 MHz
Memory data rate: 19.00 Gbps
Memory interface: 320-bit
Memory bandwidth: 760.08 GB/s
Total available graphics memory: 26577 MB
Dedicated video memory: 10240 MB GDDR6X
System video memory: 0 MB
Shared system memory: 16337 MB
Video BIOS version: 94.02.26.48.A6
IRQ: Not used
Bus: PCI Express x16 Gen3
Device Id: 10DE 2206 87C41043
Part Number: G132 0030

[Components]

nvui.dll 8.17.14.7168 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvxdplcy.dll 8.17.14.7168 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvxdbat.dll 8.17.14.7168 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvxdapix.dll 8.17.14.7168 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
NVCPL.DLL 8.17.14.7168 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvCplUIR.dll 8.1.940.0 NVIDIA Control Panel
nvCplUI.exe 8.1.940.0 NVIDIA Control Panel
nvWSSR.dll 30.0.14.7168 NVIDIA Workstation Server
nvWSS.dll 30.0.14.7168 NVIDIA Workstation Server
nvViTvSR.dll 30.0.14.7168 NVIDIA Video Server
nvViTvS.dll 30.0.14.7168 NVIDIA Video Server
nvLicensingS.dll 6.14.14.7168 NVIDIA Licensing Server
nvDevToolSR.dll 30.0.14.7168 NVIDIA Licensing Server
nvDevToolS.dll 30.0.14.7168 NVIDIA 3D Settings Server
nvDispSR.dll 30.0.14.7168 NVIDIA Display Server
nvDispS.dll 30.0.14.7168 NVIDIA Display Server
PhysX 09.19.0218 NVIDIA PhysX
NVCUDA64.DLL 30.0.14.7168 NVIDIA CUDA 11.4.112 driver
nvGameSR.dll 30.0.14.7168 NVIDIA 3D Settings Server
nvGameS.dll 30.0.14.7168 NVIDIA 3D Settings Server

cl-Albert
Thanks for the details and the vga driver and vga bios versions look fine to me.

Please also provide the G35CZ bios version and check if you can see any bios settings as mentioned in the FAQ below which may be more for our motherboards sold separately, but if you haven't already, check if you see similar settings in the bios to enable resizable bar which may not be available or necessary for the G35CZ desktops and just wanted to make sure.

https://www.asus.com/US/support/FAQ/1046107

Apologize in advance for any delays and if it sounds any better consider checking with ASUS support as well if you haven't already in case I'm slow to reply, but happy to work with you on it if it's not too slow. Thanks.

My bios is BIOS Version: G35CZ.1003 (the latest). I did contact the support site...but they kept giving me the brush off stating that they were waiting for a reply from the engineering folks. I gave up on them. Since other ASUS motherboards and this video card support this feature, it seems like it would be easy to update the G35 to support it to. Physically, the motherboard appears to be a Z490-F with a different bios.

Update: With the info from the FAQ link you provided I just downloaded GPU-Z and it states that the problem is the motherboard . I made sure that CSM was disabled etc.. (I followed ASUS's guidance included in the FAQ). It appears the problem lies in the BIOS for the G35CZ.

cl-Albert
Demonslayer1968 wrote:
My bios is BIOS Version: G35CZ.1003 (the latest). I did contact the support site...but they kept giving me the brush off stating that they were waiting for a reply from the engineering folks. I gave up on them. Since other ASUS motherboards and this video card support this feature, it seems like it would be easy to update the G35 to support it to. Physically, the motherboard appears to be a Z490-F with a different bios.

Update: With the info from the FAQ link you provided I just downloaded GPU-Z and it states that the problem is the motherboard . I made sure that CSM was disabled etc.. (I followed ASUS's guidance included in the FAQ). It appears the problem lies in the BIOS for the G35CZ.

Thanks for the update.
Yes, although I don't have the G35CZ available to check myself right now, HQ informed me that it supports resizable bar, so if you want to continue working on it, we can try to figure out what is going on.
Feel free to work on it with me through the forums and send me PMs when necessary, but sometimes it can be easier to forward information through ASUS support, so we can look into any problems working with them later if better.
Yes, the G35CZ motherboard is using the 'G35CZ' bios, so you want to stick to the ASUS G35CZ downloads page since other bios files will not work.

Anyway, haven't heard for sure if the G35CZ includes the bios settings below to enable resizable bar, so curious if you see them and were able to enable '4G Decoding' or if you see anything in the bios that looks similar, but is different from the steps below?
If it's not too much trouble, and possible, would like to see a screenshot, but can wait until later to request it if it's really necessary.

" Enter the UEFI BIOS Utility by pressing the or key during system boot.
Press key or select Advanced Mode at the bottom right of the screen to switch to Advanced Mode.
Select Advanced in the top side menu and set PCI Subsystem Settings > Above 4G Decoding to [Enabled].
Then set Re-Size BAR Support to [Auto]."

Both of those settings are in the BIOS and are enabled. I cannot see why this isn't working. Any help is appreciated.