Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Super Moderator Array

Thanks for confirming and I'll check for more suggestions or find out what other information needs to be collected.

New ROGer Array

Make sure to also disable CSM besides enabling the 2 options mentioned earlier.

New ROGer Array

It is. The system was properly setup by ASUS. Cannot figure out why this isn't working.

New ROGer Array

G35CZ with RTX 3080

Here is a screenshot of GPU-Z...let me know what else you would like to see.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos Screenshot 2021-09-18 073814.jpg  

Super Moderator Array

Thanks for the screenshot and still waiting to hear back on my end, but if you don't remember reloading the bios defaults after flashing the latest bios version, consider giving that a try since it isn't too difficult although don't know that it will make much difference.
    Change the bios settings you need to after loading the default bios settings like enabling CSM, enabling 4G decoding, and setting resizable bar to 'auto'.
    Last edited by cl-Albert@ROG; 09-20-2021 at 04:05 PM.

Super Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by Demonslayer1968 View Post
    Both of those settings are in the BIOS and are enabled. I cannot see why this isn't working. Any help is appreciated.
    Apologize for the delay and thanks for your patience.
    Can you double-check that you have Video BIOS version: 94.02.26.48.A6 ?

I'm told you should be using a newer version, so if necessary, please download and run the Vbios update tool from the ASUS G35CZ website again to see if it updates your Vbios version.

https://rog.asus.com/us/desktops/full-tower/rog-strix-gt35-series/helpdesk_download

When you run the Vbios update tool you may also want to notice if there are any indications that the Vbios flash is progressing and was successful, or ends very quickly and does not appear to do anything in case there is some problem to update the Vbios.

===================

Assume you are still using the original RTX 3080 card that came with the system, but if there is still a problem to update the Vbios, please send me a PM at cl-Albert@ROG with your desktop serial number to check that part.
    Last edited by cl-Albert@ROG; 09-30-2021 at 05:56 PM.

New ROGer Array

VBios correct version...changing Resizable BAR from Disabled to Auto does nothing

As you suggested, I reset the CMOS back to default values and have found that changing the Resizable BAR setting from "Disabled" to "Auto" seems to do nothing. GPU-Z still reports that the setting is disabled in the BIOS. The Video Card Bios is correct. Thanks for the follow up.

New ROGer Array

Here is my GPU-Z info...
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos VBios.jpg  

Super Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by Demonslayer1968 View Post
    As you suggested, I reset the CMOS back to default values and have found that changing the Resizable BAR setting from "Disabled" to "Auto" seems to do nothing. GPU-Z still reports that the setting is disabled in the BIOS. The Video Card Bios is correct. Thanks for the follow up.
    Unfortunately, my last reply was not really very closely related to the quote that was included, but just wanted to let you know about the follow-up.

Anyway, not sure if GPU-Z may really be referring to resizable bar is not enabled in the vga bios rather than the motherboard bios (not sure, but our current assumption and information is that the issue is related to the vga bios version, so would like to investigate this part more if you're interested), but I'm being told the issue appears to be related to your vga bios since version 94.02.26.48.A6 does not appear to be correct and you want to have a newer version to enable resizable bar.

So...do you mind trying to re-download and run the Vbios update tool again from the ASUS website below and see if it updates your vga bios to a newer version?
    https://rog.asus.com/us/desktops/ful...pdesk_download

Also, in case it doesn't work, try to notice if the vga bios flash appears to be proceeding successfully, or if there are any error messages to indicate a failed flash.
    Last edited by cl-Albert@ROG; 09-30-2021 at 10:43 PM.

New ROGer Array

VBios won't update...
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos VBIOS update message.jpg  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast