cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Suite 3 Fan XPert 4 always crashes with "The Server Threw an Exception"

david_allen
Level 7
Motherboard: Maximus IX Hero

AI Suite 3 Fan XPert 4 always crashes with "The Server Threw and Exception". I've tried uninstalling, and even running the AISuiteCleaner. I can't get access to my fans. This is with a new OS installation. Makes no sense. All of the posts I see about this problem are years old; no idea why I'm encountering this now?

BIOS is latest.

Software Versions are:
EZ Update 3.0013
System Information: 2.00.11
Dual Processors: 2.00.78

AISuite official download from the ASUS website.
24 REPLIES 24

SubiXT
Level 8
I just experience the same issue. Using the same version as above.

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
david.allen wrote:

AI Suite 3 Fan XPert 4 always crashes with "The Server Threw and Exception". I've tried uninstalling, and even running the AISuiteCleaner. I can't get access to my fans. This is with a new OS installation. Makes no sense. All of the posts I see about this problem are years old; no idea why I'm encountering this now?

BIOS is latest.

Software Versions are:
EZ Update 3.0013

Here is the latest version listed on the Asus site for your board. I don't believe Asus promises backwards compatibility for AIsuite. Have you ever run that version successfully?

Dual Intelligent Processors 5
Fix compatibility issue with the latest Windows updates. Dual Intelligent Processors 5 update v1.05.14 patches an issue that resulted in the Windows power plan being forced to “balanced". Note that this patched build only includes the DIP5 utility, it does not include other utilities in AI Suite 3.
- AI Suite 3 v3.00.13
- Dual Intelligent Processors 5 v1.05.14
-System_Information -ASUS System Information V1.01.04

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

geneo wrote:
Here is the latest version listed on the Asus site for your board. I don't believe Asus promises backwards compatibility for AIsuite. Have you ever run that version successfully?

Dual Intelligent Processors 5
Fix compatibility issue with the latest Windows updates. Dual Intelligent Processors 5 update v1.05.14 patches an issue that resulted in the Windows power plan being forced to “balanced". Note that this patched build only includes the DIP5 utility, it does not include other utilities in AI Suite 3.
- AI Suite 3 v3.00.13
- Dual Intelligent Processors 5 v1.05.14
-System_Information -ASUS System Information V1.01.04

Can you provide us the link?. Thanks

I am experiencing the same thing.

Maximus Extreme XIII latest bios and software.

any more help ASUS?????

I began having the same problem in the last two days with a ASUS ROG Crosshair Hero VIII wifi (with 5900x and 3090).

Not sure if it was a windows update or when I changed my primary NVMe M.2 SSD.

Tried a windows uninstall and reinstall and the error recurred.

I will try using AI Suite Cleaner next time -- but others have reported that did not help.

AI Suite is extremely useful for adjusting fan speed -- I really need it to work!

BigJohnny
Level 13
My 2 cents, forget using the MOBO for fan speeds. Buy an aquacomputer device. Quadro, OCTO or aqaero and use the aquasuite software. I wouldnt install AI Suite on anything. Been buggy since day one and the curves never worked right ever. I tried using it just for fans and let the rest alone, especially anything labeled AI and overclocking tools. Since I went aquacomputer products I havent had an issue since and they work perfectly with ramping up and down even with a tight curve on the controller. All I ever got out of mobo and corsair commander pro was fans constantly up and down and up and down and up and down....lather rinse repeat. Once you go with aquacomputer products you will never look back.

ME too in B460 F

Chickinator_14
Level 7
david.allen wrote:

BIOS is latest.

Software Versions are:
EZ Update 3.0013

I'm having the same issue and nothing i do seems to work. Its a brand new computer & windows 10 x64 install., w newest bios 0707. it crashes after an hour or so when my cpu eventually peaks at 80C+ during gaming. After 20+ error messages of " server threw an exception" i get a different error message that says "no more threads can be created in the system progID: Asusfancontrolservice.fancontrolmanager". Its the asusfancontrolservice under "Asus Motherboard Fan Control Service (32 bit) in task manager. Program ID 5956. Im currently trying to run it in compatibility mode with previous versions of Windows. Will update if anything works for me.

Chickinator 14 wrote:
I'm having the same issue and nothing i do seems to work. Its a brand new computer & windows 10 x64 install., w newest bios 0707. it crashes after an hour or so when my cpu eventually peaks at 80C+ during gaming. After 20+ error messages of " server threw an exception" i get a different error message that says "no more threads can be created in the system progID: Asusfancontrolservice.fancontrolmanager". Its the asusfancontrolservice under "Asus Motherboard Fan Control Service (32 bit) in task manager. Program ID 5956. Im currently trying to run it in compatibility mode with previous versions of Windows. Will update if anything works for me.

i got it to work for several consecutive hours without an issue by several things
1. - right clicking the "Asus Motherboard Fan Control Service (32 bit)" in Task Manager click "properties, then "changing settings for all users" at the bottom ( you need admin rights to your comp) and messing with the compatibility mode previous versions of windows. Windows Vista (service pack 2) did the trick for me. Hope this works for you.

A 2nd fix - ​if you click the "Asus Motherboard Fan Control Service (32 bit)" drop down in the task manager you'll see "Asusfancontrolservice". Right click and select "open services" Find "AsusFanControlService". " once you click it "stop" the service & "restart" the service buttons appear on the left panel. exit AI Suite, stop the service, then Restart it. Worked for me!!!

tweak i did: if you click the "Asus Motherboard Fan Control Service (32 bit)" drop down in the task manager you'll see "Asusfancontrolservice". Right click and select "open services". Find "AsusFanControlService" right click and select "Properties". in the "recovery tab i selected "restart the service" for both the first & second failure.