Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Chickinator 14 View Post
    i got it to work for several consecutive hours without an issue by several things
    1. - right clicking the "Asus Motherboard Fan Control Service (32 bit)" in Task Manager click "properties, then "changing settings for all users" at the bottom ( you need admin rights to your comp) and messing with the compatibility mode previous versions of windows. Windows Vista (service pack 2) did the trick for me. Hope this works for you.

    A 2nd fix - ​if you click the "Asus Motherboard Fan Control Service (32 bit)" drop down in the task manager you'll see "Asusfancontrolservice". Right click and select "open services" Find "AsusFanControlService". " once you click it "stop" the service & "restart" the service buttons appear on the left panel. exit AI Suite, stop the service, then Restart it. Worked for me!!!


    tweak i did: if you click the "Asus Motherboard Fan Control Service (32 bit)" drop down in the task manager you'll see "Asusfancontrolservice". Right click and select "open services". Find "AsusFanControlService" right click and select "Properties". in the "recovery tab i selected "restart the service" for both the first & second failure.
    have you installed Armoury Crate? if yes what is the version ?

  2. #12
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by dil_2021 View Post
    have you installed Armoury Crate? if yes what is the version ?
    Armoury crate version 4.1.6.0 why?

  3. #13
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Jesseinsf PC Specs
    Jesseinsf PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)N/A
    MotherboardASUS ROG Maximus XI Extreme (Z390)
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 9900K
    Memory (part number)Corsair CMW128GX4M4E3200C16 - 128GB (4x32)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Sound CardOnboard TOSLINK to powered speakers
    MonitorMSI Creator PS321URV (32 in 4k HDR600)
    Storage #1Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe SSD 1TB
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro M.2 PCIe SSD 1TB
    CPU CoolerLian Li Galahad 360 (3x Uni fan SL120)
    CaseLian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL Black (ROG Certified)
    Power SupplyCooler Master V1200 Platinum
    Keyboard RAZER HUNTSMAN ELITE - LINEAR OPTICAL SWITCH (Red) w/ PBT Keycaps
    Mouse Razer Basilisk Ultimate with Charging Dock
    Headset Bowers and Wilkins P9 Signature
    Mouse Pad LOFTMAT (16x13 inch) Cushioned Gaming Mat - "The Gaming Slim"
    Headset/Speakers Vanatoo Transparent One Encore with Rel HT/1003 Subwoofer
    OS Windows 11 Pro for Workstations 64-bit
    Network RouterROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Using Spectrum 400MB service)
    Accessory #1 Microsoft Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2
    Accessory #2 2x Logitech BRIO ULTRA HD PRO WEBCAM
    Accessory #3 7 Uni Fan SL120 fans for PC case
    Jesseinsf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Reputation
    45
    Posts
    389

    The new version of Armoury Crate is causing this.

  4. #14
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesseinsf View Post
    The new version of Armoury Crate is causing this.
    Is there a way to revert back to a previous version?

  5. #15
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Jesseinsf PC Specs
    Jesseinsf PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)N/A
    MotherboardASUS ROG Maximus XI Extreme (Z390)
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 9900K
    Memory (part number)Corsair CMW128GX4M4E3200C16 - 128GB (4x32)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Sound CardOnboard TOSLINK to powered speakers
    MonitorMSI Creator PS321URV (32 in 4k HDR600)
    Storage #1Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe SSD 1TB
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro M.2 PCIe SSD 1TB
    CPU CoolerLian Li Galahad 360 (3x Uni fan SL120)
    CaseLian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL Black (ROG Certified)
    Power SupplyCooler Master V1200 Platinum
    Keyboard RAZER HUNTSMAN ELITE - LINEAR OPTICAL SWITCH (Red) w/ PBT Keycaps
    Mouse Razer Basilisk Ultimate with Charging Dock
    Headset Bowers and Wilkins P9 Signature
    Mouse Pad LOFTMAT (16x13 inch) Cushioned Gaming Mat - "The Gaming Slim"
    Headset/Speakers Vanatoo Transparent One Encore with Rel HT/1003 Subwoofer
    OS Windows 11 Pro for Workstations 64-bit
    Network RouterROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Using Spectrum 400MB service)
    Accessory #1 Microsoft Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2
    Accessory #2 2x Logitech BRIO ULTRA HD PRO WEBCAM
    Accessory #3 7 Uni Fan SL120 fans for PC case
    Jesseinsf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Reputation
    45
    Posts
    389

    Quote Originally Posted by Chickinator 14 View Post
    Is there a way to revert back to a previous version?
    For Armoury Crate? No. It come from the Windows store app. Even the old installers will install from the Windows Store app. Asus is in the process of merging AI Suite into Armoury Crate and they expect us to be their Beta testers.

  6. #16
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesseinsf View Post
    For Armoury Crate? No. It come from the Windows store app. Even the old installers will install from the Windows Store app. Asus is in the process of merging AI Suite into Armoury Crate and they expect us to be their Beta testers.
    I see, I've had it with the crashing. It inevitably freezes my computer while gaming. I've uninstalled & deleted armoury crate & AI suite. I'll potentially revisit later in the year when hopefully they get better and i see positive feedback in the forum. I spent $2k on my build, not yet including a graphics card for obvious reasons.

    i shouldn't have to deal w. mfg. software issues. I thought i was paying for a premium experience, This is a huge ball drop on ASUS part, that i cant use such an important functional tool in the Fan Xpert 4 as part of the AI suite because it keeps ****ing crashing. I went into bios, set all my fans to PWM mode, & manually set %'s up the way i want.

    My build

    fractal design 7
    i7-11700k
    Maximus Xiii Hero
    *WD Black SN 850 ssd - 2TB [currently impacted by the x570 40% performance delay associated w. the card & board]
    *2 tb hdd
    *500 gb ssd
    16 gb x2 G skill ripjaws CL 18's
    Mastercooler 360r AIO
    4 intake/ 1 outtake fans
    1050 TI

  7. #17
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Chickinator 14 View Post
    I see, I've had it with the crashing. It inevitably freezes my computer while gaming. I've uninstalled & deleted armoury crate & AI suite. I'll potentially revisit later in the year when hopefully they get better and i see positive feedback in the forum. I spent $2k on my build, not yet including a graphics card for obvious reasons.

    i shouldn't have to deal w. mfg. software issues. I thought i was paying for a premium experience, This is a huge ball drop on ASUS part, that i cant use such an important functional tool in the Fan Xpert 4 as part of the AI suite because it keeps ****ing crashing. I went into bios, set all my fans to PWM mode, & manually set %'s up the way i want.

    My build

    fractal design 7
    i7-11700k
    Maximus Xiii Hero
    *WD Black SN 850 ssd - 2TB [currently impacted by the x570 40% performance delay associated w. the card & board]
    *2 tb hdd
    *500 gb ssd
    16 gb x2 G skill ripjaws CL 18's
    Mastercooler 360r AIO
    4 intake/ 1 outtake fans
    1050 TI
    Update AsusFanControlService to a new version 2.01.07.It maybe solves the "server threw an exception" error.

  8. #18
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by dil_2021 View Post
    Update AsusFanControlService to a new version 2.01.07.It maybe solves the "server threw an exception" error.
    how would i do that?

  9. #19
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    1

    ROG Crosshair VIII Impact

    Also crashes, it was throwing an "Exception" error, now simply vanishes from taskbar.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •