Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

GL704GW not turning on

I have a ROG STIX SCAR II GL704GW-DS76 laptop and i shutdown it last night and this morning i am not able to switch it on. Even after pressing the Power button for 60 sec and trying to remove the AC adaptor , nothing happens. The battery also switches off if i press the power button and then it doesnt come on in the battery indicator. The option is to open the laptop and reconnect the battery after disconnecting it but it still doesnt switches on. Any ideas guys whats the issue. Video here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/qetsxvds4a...02.17.mov?dl=0
    Last edited by amkhullar; 05-21-2021 at 02:44 PM.

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

No fan noise or anything? You might try hooking it up to a monitor or TV to see if there is any display output.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array

My guess, the AC adapter has failed and the laptop battery is completely discharged.

Need to get a voltmeter to check both the AC adapter and battery. Replace as needed.

Good Luck
    G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
    Homebuilt Windows Server

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by jdfrench3 View Post
    My guess, the AC adapter has failed and the laptop battery is completely discharged.

Need to get a voltmeter to check both the AC adapter and battery. Replace as needed.

Good Luck
    Checked the adaptor with multimeter and it shows appropriate voltage. Not sure how to check the battery. But if i connect the battery it shows the battery light on the laptop but onpressing the Power button nothing happens. Please view the video here https://www.dropbox.com/s/qetsxvds4a...02.17.mov?dl=0

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by xeromist View Post
    No fan noise or anything? You might try hooking it up to a monitor or TV to see if there is any display output.
    It acts as if its dead. No light blinks - HDD / Power / nothing. https://www.dropbox.com/s/qetsxvds4a...02.17.mov?dl=0

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

Prior to this was there any sign something was going wrong? Crashes, reduced battery life, anything?

JD still may not be wrong. In rare situations a power supply may fail in such a way that it can show voltage while not being able to sustain a load. However, buying a new supply is an expensive way to check. You could call around and see if any local PC shop has a supply of the appropriate voltage that they could use to check for you. Or, if you remember, did the battery have a good charge before you last shut it down?

You might want to call ASUS support and just see if you can get an RMA.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by xeromist View Post
    Prior to this was there any sign something was going wrong? Crashes, reduced battery life, anything?

JD still may not be wrong. In rare situations a power supply may fail in such a way that it can show voltage while not being able to sustain a load. However, buying a new supply is an expensive way to check. You could call around and see if any local PC shop has a supply of the appropriate voltage that they could use to check for you. Or, if you remember, did the battery have a good charge before you last shut it down?

You might want to call ASUS support and just see if you can get an RMA.
    Hi,

I just shutdown my laptop at night and when i tried starting it the next morning it dint do any thing. no crash - or any other error at shutdown. There have been no crashes or any kind of battery issues. i will try to get a alternate power adaptor and check if it works. The strange part is that even if i attach the battery nothing happens when i press the power button. The only sign i can see in that case is that the battery indicator turns white instead of Orange which as per the manual means the battery is charged.
    Last edited by amkhullar; 05-22-2021 at 11:04 AM.

ROG Member Array

I had the same problem with mine. I had to send in the mother board to a repair shop. They told me that the chip that controls the aura lights had burnt out. If you still have warranty send it in to Asus.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by cbrstar View Post
    I had the same problem with mine. I had to send in the mother board to a repair shop. They told me that the chip that controls the aura lights had burnt out. If you still have warranty send it in to Asus.
    Warranty is finished. Did they replace the complete motherboard or just repaired something?
    Last edited by amkhullar; 05-25-2021 at 09:55 AM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by amkhullar View Post
    Warranty is finished. Did they replace the complete motherboard or just repaired something?
    They sent it to a shop that specializes in refurbishing motherboards. I tried to buy a new motherboard but found that to be almost impossible where I live.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast