cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x570 Dark Hero, 5950x, G.Skill DDR3600 help needed - No post using XMP

H4tch3t
Level 7
Hey all,

After reading a number of posts I need to get some help.

Setup:
AMD 5950x
Asus ROG X570 Dark Hero
G.Skill DDR43600 (4x8Gb sticks) F4-3600C16Q-32GTZN (QVL list)
Asus ROG 3090 OC
Corsair 1000RM PSU

I cant seem to boot using all default settings and XMP (DOCP) enabled.
Sometime I do, but then the system is super unstable.

Anyone else out there running a similar setup that got it working? Would love to hear from you.

EDIT: FWIW, I've been testing with 4x8Gb kit of G.Skill DRR4 3000 over the last couple of days and that seems to work with XMP.
2 REPLIES 2

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

What is the Q-CODE displayed?

If the system is sometimes able to pass POST then the stability is borderline. Try increasing SOC voltage if not having done so already.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

So I tested with the DDR3000 the last two days and this evening ended up getting WHEA errors twice in a row for different APICs.Â*
Coincidentally a second 5950 CPU arrived to test with, and I swapped it out, and added back the DDR3600. I set BIOS to default, enabled DOCP (XMP) and booted successfully. As I didnt have a lot of time, I joined some friends for Warzone as a quick bench, played a couple of matches and then when we eventually quit the game my system lost display signal and rebooted. I could only find a critical error for the reboot, and a couple of ACPI warning errors in event viewer for the crash. No WHEA errors. I’ll try upping SOC as suggested tomorrow, but getting a bit frustrated tbh.Â*