cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-C to HDMI Adapter

spooks
Level 7
Hi I’m not sure if this is the right forum for my question ? I have a Rog Strix Z270E Gaming motherboard and a GTX 1080 GPU which is plugged into my hdmi Tv . The Z270E has a usb type-C at the back and I was wondering is there a way to connect my TV via the usb type-C connection rather than the hdmi connection on my gpu which is connected to the hdmi TV . I see you can get usb-C to hdmi adapters and wondered if that would work ? and would it improve the graphics
5 REPLIES 5

DjRavix
Level 10
spooks wrote:
Hi I’m not sure if this is the right forum for my question ? I have a Rog Strix Z270E Gaming motherboard and a GTX 1080 GPU which is plugged into my hdmi Tv . The Z270E has a usb type-C at the back and I was wondering is there a way to connect my TV via the usb type-C connection rather than the hdmi connection on my gpu which is connected to the hdmi TV . I see you can get usb-C to hdmi adapters and wondered if that would work ? and would it improve the graphics

uhm ... If it's a Thunderbolt port it will probably work but this is also dependent on the CPU

it also depends on what you mean by "improve the graphics" ...
Better image Quality, Maybe ...
Better Performance, No it will be worse ... since it will use the CPU's build in GPU
ASUS Maximus 13 Extreme
Intel i9 11900K
Corsair Dominater Platinum RGB
Phanteks Enthoo Primo
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
2 X Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Corsair AX1200I
EK-Velocity D-RGB - Nickel + Plexi
EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 PWM Serial - (incl. 2x pump)
XSPC RX480 + XSPC RS280
4 X Corsair SP120 PWM OEM Fans
2 X Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-2000 IP67 PWM
2 X Noctua NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap
2 X Noctua NF-S12A PWM chromax.black.swap
1 X Noctua NF-A15 HS-PWM chromax.black.swap

spooks
Level 7
ok thanks for the advice i've got a i7 7700k cpu could i upgrade my Z270E MB with a Thunderbolt 3 PCIe Card

spooks wrote:
ok thanks for the advice i've got a i7 7700k cpu could i upgrade my Z270E MB with a Thunderbolt 3 PCIe Card

if the board has a Thunderbolt header it is possible but then you need to use the included Display port cables to go from your GPU to the Thunderbolt card
ASUS Maximus 13 Extreme
Intel i9 11900K
Corsair Dominater Platinum RGB
Phanteks Enthoo Primo
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
2 X Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Corsair AX1200I
EK-Velocity D-RGB - Nickel + Plexi
EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 PWM Serial - (incl. 2x pump)
XSPC RX480 + XSPC RS280
4 X Corsair SP120 PWM OEM Fans
2 X Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-2000 IP67 PWM
2 X Noctua NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap
2 X Noctua NF-S12A PWM chromax.black.swap
1 X Noctua NF-A15 HS-PWM chromax.black.swap

xeromist
Any picture quality issues are probably due to limitations of your TV. HDMI output from PCs generally exceeds the capabilities of most TVs in terms of resolution and refresh rate so changing to a different output is very unlikely to improve anything.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

spooks
Level 7
thanks for that