cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Crosshair VIII Dark Hero USB Issue?!

ga-tom
Level 7
Hey guys,

so i just finished my new completely watercooled build, installed all drivers and so on and so on…
Its a fresh install, neither copied nor cloned.

First of all:
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Gskill 32GB 3600 16-19-19-39
Asus RTX 3090 OC

All drivers are up to date, bios version 3401 (version 3501 beta already tested)
All in all i have 10 fans on radiators and additional two case fans connected via two Corsair Commander Pros.

Now to the fun part…
CPro1 is directly connected to the internal usb header on the MB, CPro2 is connected via 1 of 2 available usb headers of CPro1.
Why does the second CPro not show up? Neither in Windows nor icue software.
I already deactivated usb powersaving options in Windows and switched from MB > CPro1 > CPro2 to MB > CPro2 > CPro1 but this just led CPro1 to disappear and CPro2 to appear :rolleyes:

I could really need a hint to solve this or someone has a solution to this 😄
5 REPLIES 5

SmokeyKilla
Level 8
Apparently this is a common problem. The only way they will both show up is if you plug them both to separate headers on your M/board. If you dont have one spare You can try two solutions.

Move the pins of the 2nd CoPro's USB cable to the 1st CoPro cable as show in the video below. The CoPro only use 1 of the 2 USB channels.
or get a splitter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAMpxdVftwM

unrelated to your issue, but that's a sweet build.

thomas_yiu
Level 9
ga-tom@hotmail.de wrote:
Hey guys,

so i just finished my new completely watercooled build, installed all drivers and so on and so on…

First of all:
AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Asus RTX 3090 OC

All drivers are up to date, bios version 3401 (version 3501 beta already tested)
All in all i have 10 fans on radiators and additional two case fans connected via two Corsair Commander Pros.

Now to the fun part…
CPro1 is directly connected to the internal usb header on the MB, CPro2 is connected via 1 of 2 available usb headers of CPro1.
I already deactivated usb powersaving options in Windows and switched from MB > CPro1 > CPro2 to MB > CPro2 > CPro1 but this just led CPro1 to disappear and CPro2 to appear :rolleyes:

Hello,
Please update bios 3501.
If the bios is updated, please go to BIOS -> Advanced -> AMD CBS -> Global C-state Control -> disabled;
F10/ exit -save changes & reset
Sincerely,
TY

For to connect all corsair stuff I have used

NZXT Internal USB Hub 3, model AC-IUSBH-M3

Shyvorix
Level 7
ga-tom wrote:
Hey guys,

First of all:
AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Asus RTX 3090 OC

Now to the fun part…

Hello! I've actually had this EXACT same issue when I built my system the first time. From what I've learned, the Commander Pro's don't have enough power from the sata cable they use to actually make them work how they should, especially to power each other. I've since changed controllers and now use a different one. To solve the issue (it's how I solved it) you must either combine the headers into 1 plug then plug it directly into the motherboard, or use a dedicated internal USB hub which I recommend. Thermaltake and NZXT sell their own versions and recommend either or.