cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Maximus XIII Hero and Intel chipset driver update and BSOD green screen

74lobster
Level 10
Hi to everyone,

I have an Asus Rog Maximus XIII Hero mobo with bios 0902 version installed and

Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1- Build 19043.1023 - Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3740.0

When I try to update the Intel chipset drivers (from this thread: https://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?136884-MoKiChU) Windows crashes with a BSOD green page screen.

Someone else has the same issue ?
How I can fix it ?

Thanks in advance.
74lobster
4 REPLIES 4

Saltgrass
Level 13
74lobster wrote:
Hi to everyone,

I have an Asus Rog Maximus XIII Hero mobo with bios 0902 version installed and

Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1- Build 19043.1023 - Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3740.0

When I try to update the Intel chipset drivers (from this thread: https://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?136884-MoKiChU) Windows crashes with a BSOD green page screen.

I haven't yet updated the Bios but can we assume you are a Win 10 Insider since the .1023 version is just Insider.. I currently am thinking Microsoft has stopped the 21H1 update and possibly the .1023 build. But since I could be wrong, I might check for one of the new Bios versions later but I will not be able to duplicate the .1023 install. There have been folks in the advanced Insider ring which were complaining of Green Screens earlier in the month..

Also, I get my updates from the ASUS site.. I am currently seeing an Optional update in Windows Update for a Western Digital device, which I don't have on my system. If you saw that update, did you allow it to install?
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass wrote:
I haven't yet updated the Bios but can we assume you are a Win 10 Insider since the .1023 version is just Insider.. I currently am thinking Microsoft has stopped the 21H1 update and possibly the .1023 build. But since I could be wrong, I might check for one of the new Bios versions later but I will not be able to duplicate the .1023 install. There have been folks in the advanced Insider ring which were complaining of Green Screens earlier in the month..

Also, I get my updates from the ASUS site.. I am currently seeing an Optional update in Windows Update for a Western Digital device, which I don't have on my system. If you saw that update, did you allow it to install?

Hi, thanks for the answer, could you please link me the update you told me about?
74lobster

74lobster wrote:
Hi, thanks for the answer, could you please link me the update you told me about?

I can't link it but it shows in Windows update in an optional updates/Drivers section. The driver is for a device I do not have and dated from 2017 so I will not be installing it.. I just wondered if you had.

I have the latest chipset and Intel ME (3/26) drivers from the ASUS site. No problems I have noticed.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Hi,

the BSOD green screen appeared with this error:

https://www.windows.com/stopcode

WDF_VIOLATION

Any solutions ?

These are the Intel program installed:

To update the missing droivers I used Driver Booster 8.4 Pro

Thanks in advance...
74lobster